Sixteen More Bowls

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from W.Y.

W.Y.

Been out of the shop for about three weeks due to eye surgery .

I had unfinished bowls scattered all around the shop just before my eye surgery on both eyes and was not able to get back in my shop for a while.
I finally rounded them up yesterday and finished whatever was necessary to get them to the point of applying a sealer and then I applied 4 coats of WB lacquer.

16Bowls.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

W.Y.

Here is more of a close up of the larger ones in the back rows.

16Large2.jpg

And here are the whole 16 stacked up and put away with the rest until the next craft sale . They take very little room when transporting them to craft sales . I usually have half a dozen stacks like that that fit into a large plastic tote box .

16Stacked2.jpg

Last edited:

robutacion

I had unfinished bowls scattered all around the shop just before my eye surgery on both eyes and was not able to get back in my shop for a while.
I finally rounded them up yesterday and finished whatever was necessary to get them to the point of applying a sealer and then I applied 4 coats of WB lacquer.

G'day William,

Great work, as always...!

I'm a little interested on the eye surgery that you went through though, I would thing that you have had the "modern" short sight eye repair, of which I'm in need badly but not yet convinced that it is for everyone and or effective as they claim so, if you have had this done, I would appreciate that you tell me a little bit more about it.

You may prefer not get all that information in here so, I would most happy to get that on a PM...!

Cheers
George

W.Y.

G'day William,

I'm a little interested on the eye surgery that you went through though, I would thing that you have had the "modern" short sight eye repair, of which I'm in need badly but not yet convinced that it is for everyone and or effective as they claim so, if you have had this done, I would appreciate that you tell me a little bit more about it.

You may prefer not get all that information in here so, I would most happy to get that on a PM...!

Cheers
George

It was cataract surgery . Nothing to do with short sited or far sighted candidates. I have always been far sighted and wife was always near sighted when she had hers done a few years ago.
I have macular degeneration in one eye so that one can not be cured with anything. The surgery will turn that one from legally blind to just barely legal but at least the other one will be good when I get my new prescription glasses . Cant get those until the eyes are healed which is six weeks after surgery for examination and about another ten days to get them.
Everything is SO bright after the surgery and have to use sun glasses for several weeks .

If your optometrist sends you to an ophthalmologist and they both say you need cataract surgery , don't think twice about getting it done. I know my eyesight is going to be a LOT better once I get new glasses.
I am having a hell of a time reading and typing but that is only a temporary situation while they are healing .

robutacion

G'day William,

Cheers
George

It was cataract surgery . Nothing to do with short sited or far sighted candidates. I have always been far sighted and wife was always near sighted when she had hers done a few years ago.
I have macular degeneration in one eye so that one can not be cured with anything. The surgery will turn that one from legally blind to just barely legal but at least the other one will be good when I get my new prescription glasses . Cant get those until the eyes are healed which is six weeks after surgery for examination and about another ten days to get them.
Everything is SO bright after the surgery and have to use sun glasses for several weeks .

If your optometrist sends you to an ophthalmologist and they both say you need cataract surgery , don't think twice about getting it done. I know my eyesight is going to be a LOT better once I get new glasses.
I am having a hell of a time reading and typing but that is only a temporary situation while they are healing .

Thanks for your reply William, the surgery I'm talking about has nothing to do with cataracts, I can't remember what they call it but they cut and replace the clear membrane other the eye, that stop being able to focus on short distances, reading, etc.

Anyway, thank you for explaining what you eyes problem was and and certain that you fill a great improvement, as soon as everything settles down...!

Take care...!

George

G'day William,

Cheers
George

Thanks for your reply William, the surgery I'm talking about has nothing to do with cataracts, I can't remember what they call it but they cut and replace the clear membrane other the eye, that stop being able to focus on short distances, reading, etc.

Anyway, thank you for explaining what you eyes problem was and and certain that you fill a great improvement, as soon as everything settles down...!

Take care...!

George

George,
That surgery is called Lasiks... I'm a little like you about people cutting around on my eyes... I could be deaf and mute and make it through life... but blind is a whole 'nuther thing....

My son had Lasiks surgery about 10 years ago... from the age of 15 or so he had very thick glasses and almost needed them to find the floor in the mornings... after he got out of the army and was out on his own, he had the surgery on both eyes.... he said it was the smartest thing he ever did... he doesn't wear glasses at all now and has almost perfect vision.

I've heard that in some cases, there are changes to the eyes and people will need glasses for one spectrum or the other... near or far, but so far he's not....

I know that as I've aged, my vision has switched about... as a younger man I had good close up vision and could see the fuzz on a gnat's behind up close... now I need reading glasses up close, but the far vision has changed to the point I could actually drive without glasses.... I've been wearing them so long now that I'm not totally comfortable without them... they do enhance the distance vision somewhat. At 71 the only time I wear glasses is to drive or to read... sometimes I'll put on a pear of reading glasses in the shop if I'm doing lots of detail turning.

raar25

Glad to hear your recovering well. It is a shame I can never see your pictures for some reason. I would really like to see some of your work.

W.Y.

George and Chuck.

Check this out

What Is the Difference Between Laser & Cataract Surgery? | eHow.com

The vast majority get cataract surgery as compared to lasik surgery regardless of if you are near of far sighted beforehand.

Your ophthalmologist will know which one to recommend . My wife had very close vision and couldn't see any distance without thick glasses before and now wears no glasses except occasionally for small print and only needs dollar store glasses for that . She can see fly s**t in pepper at 40 paces with no glasses :biggrin:

Then google both cataract surgery "videos" and them lasik surgery "videos" to see both procedures . Both look scary but you don't feel a thing because the eye is frozen .

Top Bottom