Six color Alumilite pour

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from evan bahr

evan bahr

This pen blank was inspired by Brooks803 when he posted a seven color Alumilite blank. This is a six color blank that I just barely got poured before it began to cure! I don't know how he did 7 colors! C & C welcome.
FP, #6 Bock, piston converter. Thanks for looking, Evan

Attachments

• 040.JPG
    040.JPG
    179.3 KB · Views: 379
  • 041.JPG
    041.JPG
    253.3 KB · Views: 418
  • 042.JPG
    042.JPG
    247.1 KB · Views: 235
  • 044.JPG
    044.JPG
    350.3 KB · Views: 331
  • 043.JPG
    043.JPG
    289.1 KB · Views: 325
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

vakmere

Looks like an ink blot the shrink gives somebody. I see the back end of a horse, triangular tic, moose with no legs, west coast of Africa. Very cool.

Marko50

Slow Set

This pen blank was inspired by Brooks803 when he posted a seven color Alumilite blank. This is a six color blank that I just barely got poured before it began to cure! I don't know how he did 7 colors! C & C welcome.

Alumilite now has a product that is called "Alumilite Clear, Slow Set. Instead of a 7 minute open time it goes all the way up to 12 minutes, plenty of time to do 6-7 or more color pour. Give it a go. I love the stuff!:)

evan bahr

Alumilite now has a product that is called "Alumilite Clear, Slow Set. Instead of a 7 minute open time it goes all the way up to 12 minutes, plenty of time to do 6-7 or more color pour. Give it a go. I love the stuff!:)

Thanks for the info. What is your source? Evan

BSea

You guys pouring 6-7 or more colors are masochists. 5 is my record, and I don't even want to try that again, let alone more.

That is a beautiful pen & blank though. Great job! :good:

darrin1200

You can get it from alumilite. I personally don't like it. It cures a little different. I've got a 32oz set here Evan if you want it to try out.

What is it that you don't like. I have to order a new batch soon, I am finally almost through my first batch and I am starting to do a lot more casting. I was considering to try the Clear(Slow) because of the open time. It costs me $25 cdn more and the company has to order it in.

I am currently using Clear. When I ordered it, I had ordered Water Clear. However, after a couple of pours where I was scrambling, I realized it was Clear. It works great (when you don't accidently double pour the A-side....doh) but I would like to have a longer open time.

I am also going to be doing larger pours, 3-4" blanks.

Thanks

Top Bottom