Silver Pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from watch_art

watch_art

Custom PR from Slabs, Blanks, and Boards. I love this stuff!
Another pen down.
I can't wait to get my inks in so I can start handing these things out. I'm about to hand them out anyways and just tell the kids to come to my class for ink refills. :biggrin:

05.jpg

001.JPG

002.JPG

003.JPG

004.JPG

006.JPG

007.JPG

008.JPG

009.JPG

010.JPG

011.JPG

012.JPG

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

SDB777

I was hoping you'd turn one of these soon. I didn't get a chance to grab one for 'me':biggrin:, like I normally do.

By the way, where do you get ink from? By the bottle or 'cartridge' thingies?

Scott

joefyffe

Passed Away Aug 19, 2018
In Memoriam
Shawn: Very commendable quest, you seem to be on here. Wouldn't it be great if we could teach the world to once again enjoy the nib!!!:redface:

Custom PR from Slabs, Blanks, and Boards. I love this stuff!
Another pen down.
I can't wait to get my inks in so I can start handing these things out. I'm about to hand them out anyways and just tell the kids to come to my class for ink refills. :biggrin:

05.jpg

001.JPG

002.JPG

003.JPG

004.JPG

006.JPG

007.JPG

008.JPG

009.JPG

010.JPG

011.JPG

012.JPG

watch_art

At joefyffe:
Thanks!

I was hoping you'd turn one of these soon. I didn't get a chance to grab one for 'me':biggrin:, like I normally do.

By the way, where do you get ink from? By the bottle or 'cartridge' thingies?

Scott

The inks are all bottled. I don't like carts. Most of what I have came from the web somewhere - but lately I've only been buying from Vanness in Little Rock. They're just up the road from where we met in February. Go from there up Cantrell past 430, and it'll be on the left behind Carino's. Great people and great prices.

watch_art

I'm thinking of having a metal stamp made that I can heat up and press my name or logo or whatever into the pens after they're polished up.

doug57

Yes, a logo would probably be a better option.

I started thinking about signing our pens when I saw this pen in the Finishing Forum, under Faux Urushi Lacquer finish:

Attachments

• Urushi1.jpg
    Urushi1.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 105

BSea

Another cool pen Shawn. I like the black section better than the resin section. But that's only because the black from the nib holder shows through. But hey, I'd be happy with either. BTW, my son is still in school. Why don't you make a pen for him. I can pick it up at the next meeting. Of course I'll have to break it in for him.:wink:

redwd707

Please for give my ignorance. Why the small hole in the cap?
Fantastic pen, again. I'd swear you have been doing this for years!

watch_art

The small hole... yeah. Started off as an air bubble, and then I thought - Hey! I'll make a breather hole just like the production pens have.
I was being lazy. Should have just filled it with epoxy.

Oh well.

redwd707

It looks as if it's supposed to be there, if that makes a difference. What is the function of a "breather hole" on production pens?

watch_art

breather holes in the cap - something to do with pressure and ink burping out when you pull off the cap. especially with slip cap pens. Some don't have them though.

Top Bottom