Silky oak from George

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from luckyscroller788

This slimline is done in a silky oak I got from Georges bits of timber. I sanded it, dyed it orange, then sanded it again, and dyed it yella with artisan dyes from craft supplies, and finished it off with multiple coats of CA. George, I hope I done alright with this one, I'm not 100% happy with it myself.

Attachments

• SAM_5887.jpg
    SAM_5887.jpg
    200.8 KB · Views: 220
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

robutacion

This slimline is done in a silky oak I got from Georges bits of timber. I sanded it, dyed it orange, then sanded it again, and dyed it yella with artisan dyes from craft supplies, and finished it off with multiple coats of CA. George, I hope I done alright with this one, I'm not 100% happy with it myself.

Well mate, I don't see anything wrong with it, your decision to apply multiple dye coats was a personal choice and I can see that the yellow has become very prevalent giving the wood a different look from the raw stuff, like I said, it look great from here...!

Thank you for mentioning the blank origin...!

Cheers
George

Thank YOU George!! Ive got a she-oak cigar pen on the lathe right now, ready for finishing, and my wife has one of those blue macrocarpa stabilized blanks turned she will be showing off on here soon too!

Last edited:

OZturner

Nice Pen Dale.
Great Silky Oak, Blank.
Great Finish.
Just a note, Grevillea robusta, aka Silky Oak can affect people with skin sensitivity or who are Allergy Prone, Care should be taken, by covering as much skin as you can, and wear a mask in particular when sanding.
Brian.

Top Bottom