Sierra vs Sierra Elegant Beauty

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
I am quite sure there is more than one pen going by the name "sierra elegant beauty". So beware--the Inside diameter is different on one.

johnnycnc

In my experience the regular Sierra and SIERRA Elegant Beauty are
interchangeable in respect to the tubes, with respect to the diameters and lengths.
This is with the BEREA kits, rebranded, and resold by numerous vendors.
I have no experience with "apprentice" versions or Rhizeng made kits.

StephenB

In the pictures I've seen the regular Sierra and Sierra Elegant Beauty look like the WC Wall Street II and Elegant Wall Street II. They use the same drill bit size. I can't tell about the bushings. Does anyone have experience with both kits? Are they the same kits under different names and use the same bushings? I would like to move away from my current pen kit source but would rather not have to buy yet more bushings.

I have don't have both Wall Street II and Elegant Wall Street II kits to hand right now, only completed Wall Street II and Elegant Wall Street II pens. I know both these Wall Street II kits use the same bushings, drill bits, and replacement tubes. If the Sierra and Sierra Elegant Beauty kits and the WC Wall Street II and Elegant Wall Street II are indeed the same kits under different names, the Sierra kit tubes must be the same length.

Cheers,
Stephen

Last edited:

Crickett

The Berea Sierra Twist and and the Berea Elegant Sierra Twist use the same tubes and bushings.
The tubes for the Sierra Click and Elegant Sierra Click are different lengths.

StephenB

Scott, I just found the answers to both your question and mine...

"Pen Kit Bushings and Tubes", Revised 7-23-2010, by Wayne Racinowski (wracinowski) at
http://content.penturners.org/articles/2009/bushingsandtubes.pdf

This pdf document shows that for all four pen kits the tubes are the same diameter and length, as are the bushing dimensions and drill sizes. An excellent information source. Thanks Wayne!

Cheers,
Stephen

PenMan1

I am quite sure there is more than one pen going by the name "sierra elegant beauty". So beware--the Inside diameter is different on one.

Yep! Additionally, I've found that Berea EB tubes are just a teensy bit thicker. This is not really a problem, UNLESS you buy pre-made blanks made on a Sierra tube and put them on an EB kit. The top of an EB will not stay pressed into place without a little blob of Loctite to hold the clip and fenial assembly. Otherwise, the OD and the overall length seem to be exact.

Top Bottom