Sierra in Cocobolo

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from G1Pens

G1Pens

Just a plain Sierra, nothing fancy, but it is my first Sierra and everyone who has seen it really likes this style. I will be doing more. This will probably end up being gifted to a co-worker at my real job.

Finish is CA/BLO, but only a couple coats of thin. After applying it still had a natural looking finish so I stopped applying and left it at this stage.

Attachments

• IMG_1733-web.jpg
    IMG_1733-web.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 222
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Padre

Looks good!!! Did you have any reaction to turning the wood?

G1Pens

That is the second time I have done cocobolo and have not any type of reaction. I wear a cheap beathing mask while turning and sanding.

What kind of reaction do those of you who have reactions have?

Padre

That is the second time I have done cocobolo and have not any type of reaction. I wear a cheap beathing mask while turning and sanding.

When I turned cocobolo it was, for me, like turning poison ivy. I got bumps, terrible itching, etc. I always wore a respirator and used my dust cyclone, so I never breathed it in, thank goodness.

Some people have a reaction to the rosewood family, which cocobolo is in. I love the wood, just can't turn it.:frown:

Last edited:

hasha2000

When I turned cocobolo it was, for me, like turning poison ivy. I got bumps, terrible itching, etc. I always wore a respirator and used my dust cyclone, so I never breathed it in, thank goodness.

Some people have a reaction to the rosewood family, which cocobolo is in. I love the wood, just can't turn it.:frown:

I might wish to wear a whole body suit when/if I decide to turn this, Poison Ivy hate the heck out of me.

Top Bottom