Sierra Cross Blanks

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

lwalden

Closed-Closed-Closed

Went ahead and made up a few extra Sierra Cross blanks while filling a recent order, thought I'd list the extras here. Been a while since I posted these in the classifieds, so for those who aren't familiar, these blanks are made with Bethlehem Olivewood, and come with a certificate to that effect that most are familiar with. As you can tell from the pictures, these are a little different from some of the other laser engraved blank sets available. The largest difference is that they are already glued up (all in this batch are tubed for regular twist sierra hardware), and have had their ends milled, and then put back on the lathe for a cleanup to allow for a good quality control check of the mostly finished product before offering them for sale. If you've ever struggled trying to get the pieces to fit from a kit, broken or lost a piece, or experienced tearout while trying to mill the ends, you know why that's important. You also know what the actual grain will look like since you're buying a specific blank.

Blanks 1 - 7 have an inlay comprised of an oval using American Holly, with what we refer to as an "Orthodox" cross inlaid in the holly, with the cross made from bloodwood. These Sierras are priced at $30 each.

Blanks 8 - 13 are referred to as the "Eagle Style"- credit for this design goes to William "Eagle" Prisavage, whom many on this site knew. After his passing, several IAP members were looking for a similar cross blank to those he made, and this is the version I have provided in the past. It's oval is made from bloodwood, and quartered by a plain cross in American Holly. Cost for the Sierra Blanks are $30 each.

Blanks 14 - 20 are the basic bloodwood orthodox cross inlaid in Beth Olivewood, with the centerpoint of the cross centered on the blank. Blanks 21- 28 are very similar, but with the center point of the cross placed 5/8ths of the way up the pen blank. Cost for the basic Orthodox Sierra blanks are $25 each.

If you're considering purchasing multiple blanks, I traditionally offer a 10% discount for purchases of 4 or more blanks. I ship Priority mail for $6, and 1st class mail for $3.50 in the United States. For International, shipping rates will be based on actual postage and packaging costs. PayPal is my preferred method of payment, but will also accept a number of alternate payment options. No S&H greenstamps, please.

Please PM me if you have any questions about these blanks. I'll also be working up a batch tubed up for Jr vII tube sets in the not to distant future. I can provide higher resolution photos via e-mail if you want a more detailed view of the blanks. Apologies for the quality of these pictures, they really don't do a good job of portraying the colors in some of the more burl figured blanks, or the curl in the subtle figure in blank #4 that really lights up with a finish.

Attachments

• BethOliveWood 1 - 7a.jpg
    BethOliveWood 1 - 7a.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 165
  • BethOliveWood 8 - 13b.jpg
    BethOliveWood 8 - 13b.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 174
  • BethOliveWood 14 -021.jpg
    BethOliveWood 14 -021.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 101
  • BethOliveWood 21 -029.jpg
    BethOliveWood 21 -029.jpg