Sierra Button Click Extension??

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Randy_

i'm so confused! i was thinking of making the sierra click but.............
are they a good pen or a bad investment? i only want to do quality pens and i like the looks of this one but after all these discussions, i wonder if i can do them without a lot of problems??? extensions, some extension, nubs, holes......like i said..............I'M SO CONFUSED!!!

These are very nice kits and one of the relatively reliable click kits. There is no problem if you use only the uni-ball/G2 refill or shorten the barrel for the Parker cartridge so the ext. is not necessary. Only difficulty arrives when you opt for the flexibility of going either way and use the ext.

For right now, the best solution would seem to be to increase your inventory a little and have clicks in both lengths...one for each refill style.....and eliminate the need for the extension which many folks have already done.

KenV

[One thing to ponder is if the manufacturer intended for the primary refill for this kit to be the uni-ball type refill, why didn't they include that refill with the kit rather than a Parker clone??[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/QUOTE]

Cost and Trademark are probably two reasons --- Still like those long click pens though.

W.Y.

I have done many of these kits and like them very much. Like any kit it can be modified. The **** on the extension is something that the manufacture should have addressed better. But it is easy to work around or work with. As pen makers that is what we do as a pen maker this shouldn't really be that confusing. I am grateful for this forum and the wealth of information. I will continue to use the Sierra Click I consider it one of the most reliable clicks I have tried.

I couldn't have said it better.
The Sierra click top is fast becoming my best selling pen over any of the twist types . Will be quite a while before any of my customers have used up all the ink in those nice big refills but when they do I will be prepared due to suggestions on this and other sites.
As long as the main parts of the kit is made to the Berea high standards rather than the inferior quality of some of the "bargain priced" copys we won't have too much to worry about with a little refill discrepency .
I check this site almost every day but don't participate very often only because I am a very busy person with my own woodworking and my own woodworking discussion boards site and following a few other smaller sites sites as well that are not as time consuming to get involved in as the bigger sites. . . I am registered in some others as a read only lurker because there is always lots to learn even if a person doesn't have time to participate. .
24 hour days are just not long enough . :biggrin:

Randy_

[One thing to ponder is if the manufacturer intended for the primary refill for this kit to be the uni-ball type refill, why didn't they include that refill with the kit rather than a Parker clone??[/color][/size][/font]

Cost and Trademark are probably two reasons --- Still like those long click pens though.[/quote]

I'll bet there is a clone of that particula6r refill that would address both of those issues.

Top Bottom