Shurb/Tree idea help

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

PTsideshow

Was informed that the shurbs/tree height about 3" dia trunks will have to come down the plans are being made to keep me busy this spring. While she tends to being a Farmville Zombie :rolleyes:
I was wondering what type they are and if they would be good for turning/pen making.
WT079.jpg

Here is a piece of foliage with little seed cones.
WT078.jpg

Here is one with out the flash

Also these type shrubs generally have a mess of root ball nest, Power washing the root ball off and trimming it close and then cutting up to dry some and then turn?
Has anybody done something like this?

And of course what is the tree/shurb in the photos called.
:clown:

PTsideshow

Thanks that sure looks like the one, and it is a type of cedar. So I guess I will log it off and save some of the wood for turning. When I asked at the neighborhood nursery a while ago, the party told me it was some kind of evergreen! This kid has been to college and must be a genus :rotfl:

When I pressed him for a narrower answer he said it was a yew! Even I could tell him it wasn't.

I will harvest the cones and dry them out, them might make a good filler when I get around to casting.
:clown:

I agree Arborvitae but that is not "cedar". A lot of what people call cedars are really Junipers including the Eastern Red Cedar which is Juniperus Virginiana.

Top Bottom