Shop?... What Shop?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

SCR0LL3R

This is where I work, ... and eat ... and watch TV ... and sleep! This is how we both work and live in a one bedroom apartment. Thankfully we have lots of closets!

Pics # 1 & 2 - This is our scroll saw, which you can see is in clear view of the TV, my computer, and stereo. My girlfriend's computer monitor is on the other end of the couch. Both computers are in the two cabinets by the TV with the wires running rather inconspicuously to the monitors. My monitor stand is ugly... it was meant to be temporary :redface:. Our regularly used glues, sandpaper and stuff are in the cabinet.

Pics #3 & 4 are the closet by the drill press where my lathe gets put away and where the "orange monster" resides. (The cats don't like the monster). Our little Dewalt compressor (hidden in another closet) is the "yellow monster." All the wood above the lathe is small pieces for scroll saw work.

Pic #5 is another closet next to the previous one. This is where all the hand tools, tool sets, some paints, finishes, etc and my grinder w/ Wolverine Jig are. Also in here, orbital sander, Cordless Drill, Circular Saw, Jig Saw, Router, router bit sets. Most of my pen kits and blanks are in the cardboard boxes.

Pic #6 is my portable grinder on wheels which stands vertically in the closet.

Pics #7 & 8 are our main scroll saw wood storage in the bedroom! Weighed down to minimize warping of all the thin wood. The drawers underneath have some less used pen stuffs.

Pic # 9 is another little stash of mostly scroll saw wood hiding in the bedroom.

Aside from the stack of wood in the bedroom, scroll saw and drill press, it's all hidden. Life is good when you and your partner share an equal level of craziness :biggrin:.

Attachments

• shop1.jpg
    shop1.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 381
  • shop2.jpg
    shop2.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 361
  • shop3.jpg
    shop3.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 358
  • shop4.jpg
    shop4.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 312
  • shop5.jpg
    shop5.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 297
  • shop6.jpg
    shop6.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 341
  • shop7.jpg
    shop7.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 324
  • shop8.jpg
    shop8.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 312
  • shop9.jpg
    shop9.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 284
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

SCR0LL3R

Is the grinder on some type of dolly (I see the wheels) or pull out shelf?

Yup. It balances on the wheels and those 2 uprights on the wheel end. It leans over just enough to be pretty darn stable when it stands. All of the Wolverine Jig parts are on the dolly as well.

You are right. What shop! I don't know how you do it but you sure make the most of what you have. I couldn't do it. I am a shop slob.

I guess It kinda happened one piece at a time. When I work, the shop-vac is always an arm's reach away. I vacuum the floor in front of the lathe a couple times for each pen... basically anytime I want to step away more than two steps ...it only takes a second. I'm just waiting for a CA disaster!!

We also have a friend who lets us use his shop to resaw and plane all our thin boards. I couldn't figure out where to put a table saw, big bandsaw, planer and drum sander :biggrin:

Cherie

Hey, I know who you are!! I recognize the shop area from your better half! Nice way to use space, and making room for more!:biggrin:

Top Bottom