Shop Update (I know, it's a gloat)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

beck3906

My dream is nearing completion.

We received the windows early and had an opportunity to get them installed. Completed the electrical and rough plumbing this week along with getting the roof and siding installed

Next week should have the foam insulation sprayed in and the sheet rock completed. I hope to get the rock and brick on the front over the next 2 weeks.

The 8x8 roll up door gets installed Friday. Hopefully, everything will be finished in 2 more weeks.

I would love to get the floor painted with epoxy paint before I move everything in. The concrete needs several more days to cure before we can do that. We'll use the shop to hold supplies for the house as it's being built.

The area above the rooms had additional ceiling joists added and then decked so we can use this space for storage. We need to add water connections to run lines to each end of the building for water faucets outside. We'll add a valve under the sink so we can turn off the outside faucets and open them to drain during the winter to prevent freezing.

There are seven 220 v circuits on separate circuits. Two of the 220v circuits are in the ceiling and will allow me to drop lines to the center of the shop. I've found retractable cord reels to use along with retractable air hose reels. The equipment room has a 30amp 220v outlet for the dust collector. The lathe room has one 220v outlet for a window A/C unit or for tools.

My wife thinks I have too many outlets. I could probably use a few more, but I have enough for the cost factor. We have 110v outlets about every 3-4 feet in most of the main shop and the lathe room. The equipment/storage room has a couple on each wall. The office has outlets spaced around the room as needed.

We added a 3-way switch for the light on the front of the shop that will be connected to lights on the house. I'll use this when walking between the shop and house so I can see those critters that could do me harm. We have various snakes in the area, especially rattle snakes and copperheads. Coral snakes have been seen but aren't as common. And nope, not plannig on skinning any for blanks. I would rather buy those.

I'm studying the design for an air hose delivery line to run from the equipment room throughout the shop. I've been reading articles on various ideas and need to decide on how best (cheapest) to do this. I also need to budget for a good dust collector and its ductwork.

I'm getting a lot of kidding about building a decent size house to use for a shop. I studied the cost of a metal building and found that the cost of a metal building, slab, windows, doors etc, and then the cost of finishing the inside would have been as much or more than what I'm doing. Building this way allows me to carry the design of the house to the shop and have it blend in.

Quite honestly, I can take the kidding. My dream is nearly done.

Attachments

• Shop RIght Angle.jpg
    Shop RIght Angle.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 112
  • DSC03299.jpg
    DSC03299.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 105
  • Room Shot.jpg
    Room Shot.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 115
  • Rough Plumbing.jpg
    Rough Plumbing.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 109
  • Main Room Outlets.jpg
    Main Room Outlets.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 105
Last edited:

Rangertrek

Good for You!! I looks great, wish I had the room for one that big. I just finished a small addition to mine and like the extra room. I would not know what to do with that much space! I know you will enjoy it.

Top Bottom