Shop Made Hand Wheels/Knobs For Jigs

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

W.Y.

As woodworkers, most of us make some jigs at one time or another that require hand wheels to tighten down certain pieces. They can be hard to find and sometimes quite expensive as well.

It was too darn hot to spend much time in the shop today but I did make these three. .
I got the plans from volume one of Malcolm Tibet's series of DVDs on segmented turning . He shows how easy these are to make with tools that most of us already have in our shop.
I highly recommend Malcolm's DVDs because not only are they excellent for segmentation but there are so many other useful tips and plans in them that apply to many other forms of woodworking.

Pictures show both sides of the first three I have made.

HandKnobs.jpg

HandKnobs2.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

RAdams

Banned
Those are pretty cool!! The only thing i don't like is the depth of the finger holds. I think there is too much material sticking out and they will probably get broke off. Not to mention, it would be a little more difficult to work with i think. I would cut the pieces sticking out to where they were about half the length they are now, and sand them round. The smallest hand wheel, not so much, but the other two for sure! Definately a cool idea! I wish i knew how to do it... I would make one of those to replace the vice grips on my pen press.

Top Bottom