Shop Lighting

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

hrigg

Don't know how they'd work with finishing. I use flourescent shop lights overhead, augmented by two incandescent clip-on lights at different angles so I can see inside the occasional cup, and get reflected light across the pen surfaces. Plus the heat from the two bulbs may help a little bit with curing finishes in the winter.

BernieW

I also have flourescent over my lathe with incandescents mounted near the lathe. I have found the flourescents with daylight bulbs give me the best light.

bud duffy

High output floresents and a Halogen over the lathe with a incandecent that i have on a moveable mount to get the best lite i can where i need it.

Bud

Draken

Overhead high output daylight florescent bulbs is what I use. I see more of the little sanding lines with these than I ever did with the overhead incandescent bulbs (track lighting) I used to have.

DaveM

I tend to like an incandescent light around a tool. I know with saws and the like, having only a flourescent is a safety factor, as the strobe effect can freeze the blade while it is still moving. May be a picky point, but I watched a guy stick a wrench up against the collet of a spinning mill once, and he was sure it had just stopped. That was an exciting moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom