sharpening

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

fshenkin94

I recently remounted my grinder and have noticed that my tools are bouncing around a little while I am sharpening. I have used a dressing tool to even out the wheel. What would be causing this problem?

beamer

if you hold your dressing tool real real close to the wheel but not quite touching and then SLOWLY move it closer until you get just a whisper of air between it and the wheel, does it start ticking? If so, you're not round yet. It's easy to press a dressing tool into a wheel and have it follow an oval shape. A rock-solid tool rest and a light touch should bring it back into round, though it may take a little while.

woodbutcher

I had a similar experience a while back. Are the rubber "feet" still on your grinder? If so eithr remove them or really tighten up on your mounting screws. It took me several days (DOH) to figure it out.
Jim

Russb

Go with what Jason said. On my Wolverine I recommend the hand diamond dresser and the Wolverine dresser. I use the hand dresser to clean the wheel and the Wolverine dresser every few months to keep the wheel round. If you are too heavy handed with the hand dresser you might get the wheel out of round. But if you are careful and follow Jasons advice you can get the wheel round and keep it round. Your new mount could also be showing more imbalance in the grinder that was there all along.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom