sharpening tools on the lathe

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

CREID

Ok, the other day I ran across a jig you attached to the lathe to sharpen lathe tools. I don't remember where it was. Does anyone know where I seen this and has anyone ever used one and your opinion?
Thanx
Curt

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dan Masshardt

Nova sells an attachment for their
Comet lathe to sharpen.

Consensus seems to be keep grinding wheel dust away from the lathe particularly for pen turners doing finishing Etc.

CREID

Nova sells an attachment for their
Comet lathe to sharpen.

Consensus seems to be keep grinding wheel dust away from the lathe particularly for pen turners doing finishing Etc.

Yea this wasn't for a specific lathe but I was wondering about the molten metal getting on the lathe bed, sounds bad.
I was somewhere on a site that sold pen making supplies.
I should have bookmarked it or written it down when I seen it, I do this all the time, see something, move on, with the intention of checking it out later then can't find it.

CREID

Yea the wolverine would be great, but you need a grinder and they both cost a lot, i'm tryin to be cheep.")

monophoto

Yea the wolverine would be great, but you need a grinder and they both cost a lot, i'm tryin to be cheep.")

Pick up 5" Velcro sanding pad at Harbor Freight. Mount it on your lathe. may require creativity to do that. Sharpen your tools by lightly rubbing them in the 6-9 o'clock area with the lathe at around 500-700 r/min.

Top Bottom