Sharpening Question

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

fshenkin94

I have an older Craftsman 6" grinder. Just bought the Wolverine sharpening system and have it mounted. My problem is that the cover over the top and back of the wheel comes a little too far over the front of the wheel and interfers with the longer gouges. I hven't found a way to get that cover off. Any suggestions?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Daniel

Could you mount the Grinder on blocks to make it stand higher in relation to the jig?
I use an 8" grinder but it also set on a block that keeps it higher than the jig by about 3/4 inch. you may need 1 3/4 inch.

Russb

Most all turners I know, after following Oneway's directions, their grinders end up on risers. There are a number of dimensions that are critial to the system working as advertised.....

fshenkin94

Thanks for the info. The instructions say that the center of the wheel should be 6.5" above the base. I had to raise mine to over 7" to get it to clear the covering. But it does work now.

Old Griz

Passed Away Oct 4, 2013
In Memoriam
One other thing... if you have not already done it... replace the gray wheels with good white wheels... I use 60 grit for rough shaping and 120 grit for final sharpening...

opfoto

I mounted the Wolverine Jig itself on a piece of 3/4" plywood, Mounter the slow speed grinder on another piece of plywood for a riser pad. Measurements escape me tho'. A few FH bolts with wingnuts added.... Voila... works like a charm!

jack barnes

could some one tell me were or who posted plains of sharping jig that they made would like to make one instead of buying a oneway as wife is getting a little uptight about all the money I've been spending on this hobbie.

Jack Barnes
Springfield Ma

Bringing back this thread...
I just got an 8" grinder (woodcraft) and wolverine system for Christmas and am trying to figure out how to mount it.

Does anyone have pictures of their mount?

Thanks in advance!
Bill

Teniko

Strange enough a person in the shops section had the same kind of question [:)] so I will re post my pictures here, hope it helps, Dave

20061345032_christmas%2005%20041.jpg
<br />

20061345040_christmas%2005%20042.jpg
<br />

20061345050_christmas%2005%20043.jpg
<br />

I just saw that other thread - the one in "shops" - thanks for the repost.

How is your grinder etc secured to the table? or isn't it?

Great little setup you have there!

Thanks again!
Bill

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
Check out these links. Along with the above pictures, it should get you going ASAP.
http://www.newwoodworker.com/reviews/wlvrinervu.html
http://www.oneway.on.ca/sharpening/grind_jig.htm
Make sure you watch the videos. They are well worth your time!

Teniko

I put clamps between the grinder and the tool rest posts when I move it over to the lathe table. Honestly though, I have been lazy as of late and leaving it where it is with my shoulder being all banged up but after reading the other thread I am reconsidering that attitude[:I]. Thanks for the compliment[:)].

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom