Several Pens from last 2 months

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Gilrock

Gilrock

I finally got around to taking photos of some pens I've done lately and some I hadn't taken off the memory stick. I figured I'd just lump them into one post so you have less messages to ignore. :)

The Elk Antler pen was my xmas gift to my hunting partner...I found that shed on a previous trip. I was really happy with the look of the Buckeye Burl blank...very nice for a blank under $6. The cactus blank was a freebie from an order...only had gray to paint the tube...not sure I like that color but you only get one try per blank. The feather blank was from Exotic blanks...I believe a John U blank. The segmented pen has a much smoother finish than what I see in that photo. The other wooden pen was black ash burl (I think). I'm gonna have to start writing down what I start with when I make my pens...2 months later and I forget what I used.

Thanks for viewing,
Gil

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

SDB777

Great collection!!

Would enjoy knowing more about the feather cast blank...did you do it? What kind of feathers were used?

Scott (gotta do some of those) B

Gilrock

For the feather blank if you goto exoticblanks.com and click on that feather pen on the home page then click on the sold out blank at the bottom of that page you can click the Notify Me button to get an email when they get more in....not the easiest site to navigate sometimes. The artist that created the feather blank was John Underhill...not sure if there are other sources for his blanks...someone else on this forums does a lot of nice feather blanks also. Just search on "feather". Oh and I think the feather type in mine was pheasant.

Gil

Great collection!!

Would enjoy knowing more about the feather cast blank...did you do it? What kind of feathers were used?

Scott (gotta do some of those) B

Top Bottom