Serving Tray & Bowl set

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Ken T

Ken T

I was commissioned by a friend to build one of these for her sister for Christmas. She apparently liked it a lot because her husband asked for another set for him to give to her for Christmas. Nothing too fancy - I've only turned maybe 10 - 12 bowls so far but I think it came out pretty decent.

1608242211797.jpeg

1608242206848.png

1608242278642.png

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

bsshog40

Very nice looking! I wish I could get some nice wood like that around here. Oilfield country only has Hm depot and Lowes. Can't do much with cheap pine!

Ken T

Very nice looking! I wish I could get some nice wood like that around here. Oilfield country only has Hm depot and Lowes. Can't do much with cheap pine!
I built about 5 years worth of furniture using cheap (and green!) pine from the big boxes. Not as fun as some of the exotic stuff, but still fun.

A handful of the stores will ship for not too much money. Especially if its for small items like this.

Ken T

Very nice. What did you use for a finish and what is the intended use for the bowls?
Thanks - Intended use is basically a serving tray for parties. Hors d'oeuvre items, crackers, meats, cheeses etc. The bowls will be for dips or salsa.

The finish is General Bowl Finish on the bowls and tray - about 3-4 coats. Should stand up to a light rinsing and drying after a party.

Top Bottom