September meeting pics

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ken69912001

Hope everybody enjoyed our most recent meeting. Got some pictures of this one to post. If there is anyone that wanted some copies of them let me know and I will email you them to you. It was great to be at this one as its Chuck's last meeting with us. Hope that the Florida Chapter can put up with him. Have a safe trip.
The attendees were L to R.....Ron Jones, Kenny Mayes, Larry Pierce, Chuck Hutchings, our very own Gary(cow poop)Coop, and Dave Washburn.Guess I better say that my wife Karen was kind enough to take the pictures for us.
Dave demonstrated making a segmented blank of African Blackwood using aluminum. I got lucky enough to be the one to turn it. What do you know I didn't blow it apart while turning it. Also showed Dave how to do a CA finish as he has been having difficulty doing one. Turned out great.
Also special thanks to Dave's wife for fixing the grub for us. I know i had plenty to eat.
One thing though is that I think Dave's shop was a little too clean.
Thanks everyone
Ken

Attachments

• DSC04771.JPG
    DSC04771.JPG
    39.1 KB · Views: 247
  • DSC04734.JPG
    DSC04734.JPG
    33.4 KB · Views: 242
  • DSC04736.JPG
    DSC04736.JPG
    25.9 KB · Views: 223
  • DSC04743.JPG
    DSC04743.JPG
    37.6 KB · Views: 214
  • DSC04762.JPG
    DSC04762.JPG
    37.6 KB · Views: 227
  • DSC04767.JPG
    DSC04767.JPG
    34.7 KB · Views: 230
  • DSC04737.JPG
    DSC04737.JPG
    41.6 KB · Views: 233
  • DSC04773.JPG
    DSC04773.JPG
    20.3 KB · Views: 244
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Thanks Kenny & Karen , for coming to see me off . I appreciate the photos and would like to get them for an album . I'll PM my email addy . Thanks to David and wife for having us and feeding us too . Such an awesome setup Dave has , and a beautiful place nestled in the hills of southern Indiana . Wish I could go back again . Too bad our other members couldn't make this one . Watching Dave and Kenny colaborate on this cool pen was great . It was a memorable meeting . Good to see Larry and Coop before leaving Too ! Thanks again , all of you !

Last edited:

djwood1

Thanks*to all that came and sorry that some couldn't make it. *What a beautiful afternoon and we had great time. *Glad to host it. *The shop pretty well gets cleaned after each project. *Kenny, you made the biggest mess so you need to come back down and do some cleaning up! *Just kiddin'....I will clean it up for you. *Thanks for turning the pen and showing me your way of CA finish, much appreciated. *That is a perfect pen!

See everyone next time and good luck Chuck!

Dave*

lpierce65

Good Luck Chuck Keep In Touch.. Again thanks to Dave and Wife for hosting it and the great Food ! maybe we should make Karen the Official Photographer...
I'm trying to find more information on the Segmenting Dave does I think Dave said it was an Arrow my search for that kit I just get a real arrow pen kit Dave where you get the kit..??

Thanks
Larry

I hate I missed this one, I realy wanted to see chuck off. I has been a pleasure know you chuck and I hope you and your wife have fun in florida.

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Same here Josh ! You guys keep me posted on your next meeting . I may still be around . Kenny Mayes is the chapter leader , and I look for him to set it up .

Top Bottom