segmenting

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mikemac

You can use just about any type of glue..

I use CA (Crazyglue) if I want it FAST, and don't care that it would leave a thin black glue joint.
I use yellow/white glue if I'm not in a rush, or want a cleaner joint.. as it takes several hours.

JohnU

I agree with mikemac, and only have one thing to add. Make sure whatever material you are gluing, works with the glue you are using. I think most all woods are all ok, but if your including aluminum, plastics, or alternative material, test the glue with some small scraps first to make sure it will hold and not break apart while turning.

Kaspar

Remember to rough up the surfaces you are going to glue with some sand paper. 220 grit works for me. I use SuperGold CA. It has just enough working time to square things up and pin them. It glues everything I have worked with so far. However, I have not glued metal. I am reasonably sure it would work fine as long as there was a rough surface to which to adhere.

mikemac

Roughing up the materials is especially important if using POP cans as segmenting materials, as they are llined with a protective coating on the inside. Also if drilling with a Brad Point bit, be aware that you don't cut thin little discs that don't travel up the flutes of the bit, and you can end up blowing apart your laminations. This especially occurs with thin laminations that are 90 degrees square across the blank.

Top Bottom