Segmenting w/ tru-stone part 2

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Dale Lynch

Dale Lynch

Black w/ white web,yellow dino bone,and bloody basin tru-stone on gunmetal bolt action and stratus hardware.

Haven't figured out yet where I'm getting off track.Better get it straightened out soon cause it's getting expensive to keep scrweing up.

Buffed the blanks with plastic buffing compound after 1500g wet/dry.

I think black w/ yellow is a better combo than the yellow w/ black.What do you think?

Attachments

• DSCF2504.jpg
    DSCF2504.jpg
    168.5 KB · Views: 279
  • DSCF2503.jpg
    DSCF2503.jpg
    170.8 KB · Views: 237
  • DSCF2500.jpg
    DSCF2500.jpg
    197.5 KB · Views: 190
  • DSCF2498.jpg
    DSCF2498.jpg
    112.3 KB · Views: 164
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Janster

Very nice craftsmenship. Nice execution. Personally I believe they would have look better all one color, JMO. With so much going on in the blank the segmenting kinda gets lost. Still,well done.........Jan

Dale Lynch

Very nice craftsmenship. Nice execution. Personally I believe they would have look better all one color, JMO. With so much going on in the blank the segmenting kinda gets lost. Still,well done.........Jan

My wife thinks the very same thing.Solid colors is what she recomends.

Dale Lynch

I went off track cutting for the knot pattern.If you look at the differences in the tear drop shapes you can see that some are larger than others.The inlay peices on the ends are as William would say "hey diddle diddle right down the middle".

Jim Burr

Banned
Wow!! Totally different on the kit! Both look a little busy, but your really are on to something! Really great stuff Dale!!

Russknan

I'm really impressed - even stunned - with the segmenting moves you made. Unfortunately, I don't think the resultant blank displays that great effort to advantage. Not enough contrast in the elements? Sorry that I'm not skilled enough to suggest an alternative. Russ

Dale Lynch

Thanks folks I'm glad yall like them.

I'm really impressed - even stunned - with the segmenting moves you made. Unfortunately, I don't think the resultant blank displays that great effort to advantage. Not enough contrast in the elements? Sorry that I'm not skilled enough to suggest an alternative. Russ

I have to agree about the contrast.It's tough to know just how the colors will blend.

When the barrel is large it looks alot different.You can see all the segments and lines easier.Maybe have to leave this design for larger barrels,maybe caps.

Top Bottom