Segmented Slimline Contest Entry

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from NCWoodworker

Status
Not open for further replies.

NCWoodworker

Hi all,
Here is the entry I submitted for the Segmented Slimline Contest. It is a rhodium slimline that is outfitted with maple, walnut, bubinga and macassar ebony.

My goal was to do something different, which was hard to do with only a week to get from design to finish. I'm not sure that the segments/laminations ;) closest to the centerband were 'original', but that is the 'core' of my design. I was at least hoping it was something that has not been very common. In any case, I'm very honored to have even been able to compete with you all. The talent here is exceptional!!!

Thanks again!
Chris

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

alphageek

Former Moderator
Wow. I can't imagine how much work went into that pen. I don't know what you'd call that lamination effect, but I really like that one. I'm sure you're going to get several requests about how it was done :)

Marc Phillips

That's amazing... and it sure looks like a lot of work!

Great job...
thumbsup%20smiley.gif

great12b4ever

Chris that is one fine pen. Love the lamintations/segmenting work near the centerband. If that is not original, I am sure you will get requests for a tutorial, so you might as well start putting one together..Glad to see you were a winner. That pen deserves it.

Rob

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Chris,

Your pen is B-E-U-T-FUL!!!!!

However, I am assuming the "rhodium rollerball" was an insignificant mis"print"????????

OR, how does one modify a slimline to take the rollerball?????

Yes, I am picking nits, since you asked!!!

Tanner

Awesome craftsmanship!! Looks like a winner to me! I don't know how you did the laminations near the centerband, but it makes me dizzy just thinking about it.[:0]

NCWoodworker

Thanks for the compliments, all! :) Yes, Ed, I made a mistake in my description...rhodium rollerball just kind of rolls off of the tongue, though! :) I made the fix..thx..I think...lol
Gary, I did a search on wavy, no gravy, but couldn't find anything. Can you give me some info on it...would like to see it.

Chris

NCWoodworker

Wow...that pen could NEVER win this contest because it's just a lamination... I did segmentation, as the rules state [:D][;)] ...oh...not to mention that it's missing some pieces [;)]

jhs494

Congrats Chris! Excellent pen and a great design.

Great colors and contrast. Super fit and finish.

I can see why it won.[:)]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom