Segmented Maple Burl, Trustone and Aluminum Pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Providentialpens

Hello!
I just finished turning this pen. I'm not very happy the overall 'look' of the segmented part. But I'm glad there aren't any flaws in it. I put a CA finish on it. Surprisingly, it turned out nicer than I thought.

DSCN6721%255B1%255D_clipped_rev_1.jpeg

bandicam%2B2017-06-09%2B12-23-53-235.jpg

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Well done Matthew.

I think the overall appearance is attractive - Now you can tweak the design to "your" liking.

Have fun!

Well done Matthew.

I think the overall appearance is attractive - Now you can tweak the design to "your" liking.

Have fun!

Thank you, sir! The only thing I would change would be to omit the walnut veneer between the burl. If I was going to segment it, I would do something more elaborate and use aluminum instead of walnut. :biggrin:

Rolandranch

Nice job Matthew! Looks great to me.

(Bring it on Sunday and I'll tell you what I really think of it :biggrin::biggrin:)

"BTW, Welcome to IAP !!!!! . You should post an Introduction and thereby become eligible for one of the newcomer prizes !"

I'll make sure to do this!

OZturner

Excellent Segmented Pen Matthew,
Great Segmenting, I wouldn't change the Walnut Veneer, for Aluminium. The Aluminium you have between the Trustone, and the Segmented Burl, is Spot On, if you added Longitudinal Aluminium Segments, I think you would Detract from the Overall Pen, The Existing Aluminium Segments are Adequate, and look Magnificent.
Great Fit and Finish.
Congratulations,
Brian.

hunterdave99

I really like it as well. I do a lot of this tyoe of segmenting. Sometimes I will sandwich some veneers together to make them a little more bold and interesting. Maybe 2 layers of walnut with a layer of something else lighter in color in the middle.

Excellent Segmented Pen Matthew,
Great Segmenting, I wouldn't change the Walnut Veneer, for Aluminium. The Aluminium you have between the Trustone, and the Segmented Burl, is Spot On, if you added Longitudinal Aluminium Segments, I think you would Detract from the Overall Pen, The Existing Aluminium Segments are Adequate, and look Magnificent.
Great Fit and Finish.
Congratulations,
Brian.

Thank you, sir! I'm glad you like it! :biggrin:

Top Bottom