Segmented goblet

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from mikelsdo

mikelsdo

Here's one of my segmented goblets. Red oak, padauk, black walnut, yellow heart and purple heart. Finished with Michaels's Triple thick. Comments welcomed.

Attachments

• 100_0400.jpg
    100_0400.jpg
    140 KB · Views: 245
  • 100_0403.jpg
    100_0403.jpg
    154.2 KB · Views: 258
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
That is really neat!

I'd love to see step by step photos & perhaps a library article on your technique if you don't mind sharing how you make these.

Thanks for posting these photos - I always enjoy creative work like this.

mikelsdo

That is really neat!

I'd love to see step by step photos & perhaps a library article on your technique if you don't mind sharing how you make these.

Thanks for posting these photos - I always enjoy creative work like this.

I will post a pic of it glued up and that will pretty much give you the general idea. The center I always use a different wood than any of the rest of it is made of. In the pic the pieces are 1/2" x 1/2" and the length has to be long enough for the chuck to grab and be able to cut it off. My finished goblets are anywhere fro 7" to 8" tall. If your going to drink out of it I would recommend 5/8" x5/8" pieces so you don't have to fill it up as often. The most important part is to make sure you get it dead center when turning or it throws every thing off. I use a razor knife to mark my x in the center. I forgot to mention it is wrapped with 3/4" wood. The pics I have here are a different goblet but it gives you the general Idea. I would love to see somebody else make these. Every body who sees them loves them.

Attachments

• 100_0387.jpg
    100_0387.jpg
    239.6 KB · Views: 215
  • 100_0389.jpg
    100_0389.jpg
    148.6 KB · Views: 219
Last edited:
Top Bottom