SEGBOX Shipping List

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

DurocShark

Here's the final list, and the order they're going out in. It seems all ya'll are in the east or south! One lonely Californian and one Texan. Hmm...

So I'm shipping west first, then working through the midwest to the north east then south into FL. No internationals on this list, so hopefully it'll go pretty quick.

Rfturner
1dweeb
TomW
seawolf
DennisM
Buzzzz4
Douglas Feehan
khogan16
bobskio2003
Brooks803
Crashmph
Rmartin
PenMan1
GaryMGg

The box will ship tomorrow to Cali. (I forgot to put the silly thing in the car this morning.)

Here's the route:

segboxmap.jpg

Last edited:

Rfturner

It is ok it is better this time around because I dont know if it would make it to me before summer. I will not be able to use my workshop at all during summer. it just means that I have the opportunity to see some of the goodies before everybody else.

Rfturner

I got the box today I will post pictures of contents of what I recieved and what will be shipped out, 1dweeb is next I will PM them so that they know that it will be coming soon

DurocShark

Sweet, thanks! I'll PM you the next address.

That box was lighter than intended... I was in the garage today and found the segmented candle holder blank setting on my table saw. Grr... Sorry folks.

Rfturner

The Box will get shipped out tommorow, 1dweeb your next.

Here are the pics of before and after I had it sorry it has taken a little while the First Picture is what I recieved and the second is what I am sending out

Attachments

• DSC01285.jpg
    DSC01285.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 284
  • DSC01281.jpg
    DSC01281.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 292

Rfturner

I will as soon as I have the time to turn I will make a pen from a blank I got, it it should be later this week

Last edited:

DurocShark

I sent everybody the shipping information for each of your next recipients. I was hoping to do it when the receipt announcement went out, but I'm having internet trouble at home so can't guarantee that I can send that message in a timely manner.

If you didn't get one, or you got the wrong one, let me know. The 60 second anti-spam delay between sending messages kept throwing me off.

:biggrin:

1dweeb

I received the box today. You can see the blanks I received in the post above. I will post a picture of the box contents prior to shipping out. Hopefully it will be ready to go out on Monday.

1dweeb

segbox

Attached is a picture of the contents of the box as it is getting packaged to leave my house to continue its' journey across the land.:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Attachments

• segbox1.jpg
    segbox1.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 288

1dweeb

What about keeping this going twice around. It would be interesting to see some of the changes in techniques and styles of the blanks as the package progresses? Just my .02

TomW

Box received in Baja Oklahoma today. Same picture as post #20. Content has grown to 14 blanks, packs pretty tight into small flat rate box.

I guess now I should get to the shop and make some segmented blanks....:cool:

Tom

lwalden

Guys, I was initially on the list to participate and had to bail after tearing my achilles tendon- couldn't put any weight on the foot post surgery for 4 weeks. That comes up next weekend, so if this is going to make a second round, I'd like to be included!!

TomW

Ok the box leaves Baja Oklahoma on it's way to Tulsa today. I added a butcher block blank, a 4way pinstripe and my first Celtic Knot. This is a great educational tool. My advice to those farther down the list, is start now, late Sunday night is NOT the time to try to learn how to segment!. Now for the Byrnes table saw....:cowboy:

By the way, it took several tries to get all the blanks into the box. It's useful to think about sizes when adding and removing...

Tom

Attachments

• segmented blanks.jpg
    segmented blanks.jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 252

ldb2000

This thread is for those penmakers who are too cheap to use whole peices of wood to make pens with so they glue a bunch of little scraps together to make a whole pen blank to turn into pens .... Right Don ? :wink::tongue::biggrin:

DurocShark

Phillywood: I don't want to muck up the shipping list this run. There is some interest in having it go around a second time. I'd be happy to add you for the second run.

phillywood

this sounds like th movie sisterhood of the lost pant. but this would be called the brotherhood of the lsot balnks, huh? I think I 'll get it when there is only one left in the pile. Hey BTW there ain't nothing wrong with scraps glued to gether to make apen as long as it's unique. That's called Art, right?

DennisM

this sounds like th movie sisterhood of the lost pant. but this would be called the brotherhood of the lsot balnks, huh? I think I 'll get it when there is only one left in the pile. Hey BTW there ain't nothing wrong with scraps glued to gether to make apen as long as it's unique. That's called Art, right?

Mine are usually just a easier method to make more multi-wood shavings. :)

Top Bottom