Sedona FP nib upgrade?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Trickrick

I have just turned a Sedona FP and love the feel in my hand.
I have several nib "Upgrades" and would like to know if the Sedona nibs can be changed?
I have tried to change a nib on a different style pen and broke the pen.
I am a little reluctant to "try" too hard on this one.
Anyone know?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

OKLAHOMAN

In the video I changed out a Jr. Statesman which is the same as the Jr.Gent11, you might have tried the Jr. Gent 1

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam

OKLAHOMAN

What would be a good source to buy upgraded nibs in the $40 range? I like the Baron FPs.

There are a number of vendors that sell upgrade nibs that are members here and have good upgrade nibs, in the $10-$20 range. Tony at "The Golden Nib" Ed at "Exotic Blanks" Brian at Meisternibs and My self Roy at "The Classic Nib".

mrmartyking

I suppose that if you go up in price, you get to the solid gold ones that are quite expensive. What about something in the middle. Does that exist or are the $20 nibs great writers? I want to be able to say that the pen has a high quality nib. I know that it does not have to be solid gold to be a good writer.

Trickrick

In the video I changed out a Jr. Statesman which is the same as the Jr.Gent11, you might have tried the Jr. Gent 1

I guess I'm gun shy, but tried to pull the nib on my Sedona....it ain't coming out!
Any tips or tricks that I've missed? I watched the video....and it looks so easy!

seamus7227

First of all, my recommendation is to buy a Bock nib from ClassicNib.com I have been using one for almost a year and it has been the best feel and show-off nib for me when dealing with potential customers. If the nib you are working with is stubborn, try to wrap some "shelf liner" around the nib while you twist and pull it out from the section. It will come out.

Twissy

Exercise a little caution! I've managed to strip the threads on a Sedona feed housing trying to change the nib! Try unscrewing the nib and feed from the section and then soaking in some warm water. The non slip mat shelf lining stuff that was suggested is very good.

Trickrick

First of all, my recommendation is to buy a Bock nib from ClassicNib.com I have been using one for almost a year and it has been the best feel and show-off nib for me when dealing with potential customers. If the nib you are working with is stubborn, try to wrap some "shelf liner" around the nib while you twist and pull it out from the section. It will come out.

Ate my Wheaties this morning! Nib came off today and once I got the feel, it replaced another one too!
I am going to order a Bock from ClassicNib tonight. Can't wait to try one.
Thanks to all for the encouragement to keep trying.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
When replacing ANY nib, look at what came out and what you are trying to replace it with!!

IF the replacement nib is substantially thicker and the original nib was such a tight fit you could not get it out, how will the replacement work with the feed? Is there still going to be "room" for ink flow?

Just a logical consideration.
Ed

Trickrick

Got it out!
Had my Wheaties this morning and it came out fine. Ordering a Nock nib tonight.
Thanks for all the help guys!!

seamus7227

these are strictly my opinions, but i also use this Ink. The price may seem a little high, but i have been using my fountain pen daily since last year around may, and I am just a little under half of the bottle! It is well worth the price and its great to be able to refill your own ink when you want! Have fun with it!

Trickrick

After eating my Wheaties for breakfast I made another attempt at getting the nib out....... Came out easy as pie, just like I knew what I was doing ;-)
Now I'm going to order me a Bock nib!
Thanks to all for the help and encouragement!

Top Bottom