secret salt shakers

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Glenn McCullough

Made these for some Christmas shows (not Holiday shows) coming up. Anyone made them and how'd they sell? left is walnut, center is cocobolo, right is maple. I am down to about 50 minutes, start to finish except waiting for lacquer to dry. The nice thing is you dont have to be so particular about the inside, no one will ever see it, but I still sand it.

Attachments

• IMG_0993.jpg
    IMG_0993.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 389
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Hayseedboy

10,000 comedians outa work... and you guys are trying to be funny for free... guess you get what ya pay for.

Thanks Glenn for sharing :)

lr

OK,Ok, are you ready for the secret? Here is a photo of the bottom of the shaker. I used a contrasting wood to show the interior and it looked dirty, so I stained it and it is better, but should always be the same wood so it looks like one piece.There is an article on pg. 54 Spring 2009 of Woodturning Design magazine that shows how to make it. If you want, I can email you the article. Let me know.

Attachments

• IMG_0992.jpg
    IMG_0992.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 230

Sberger

Maybe I am dumb or something, but how do you get the bottom out to fill it. Is it screwed or just stuck in there hoping it does not come off?

you pour the salt in the funnel in the bottom which falls into the dome of the "bell shape" body. The salt falls into the bottom on the outside of the funnel. When you shake it, the salt flyes up and around the top, falling back through the hole that you poured it into. Hope that helps.

Top Bottom