Scroll Bowl

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Waggoner

Waggoner

This is my first attempt at a scroll saw bowl. Not very good really have to learn how to cut a straight line. However, still thought I would share. All C&C welcome.

Attachments

• bowl side.jpg
    bowl side.jpg
    227.8 KB · Views: 208
  • bowl angle.jpg
    bowl angle.jpg
    193.2 KB · Views: 231

jttheclockman

From one scroller to another, it looks good from here. Heck there is not a straight line on there.:biggrin: The biggest key to scroll sawing is to relax. You need to let the hands relax and let the blade do the cutting. Especially when doing curves and circles. Every once in a while stop pushing and let the wood relax and the blade find its center again. You will have a tendency to push the wood forward and off line to what ever is your dominate hand. Being such a thin blade this is not hard to do. But it is also not hard to correct. keep it up and happy scrolling.

JohnU

I remember those days thinking I would make it up until the last few I inches of the continuous circle and then mess up and start all over. Looks good form here. Like John said above. It's just getting comfortable with the saw and how it cuts to let it do the work. Keep up the good work!

Top Bottom