Scrimshaw Antler Emperor

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from OKLAHOMAN

OKLAHOMAN

I just love it when it all comes together! Scrimshaw feather in antler.

Attachments

• scrim.JPG
    scrim.JPG
    62.6 KB · Views: 698
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

les-smith

I love scrimshaw. Great pen. Are you doing a Native American series of pens. I ask because I still remember the Trail of Tears pen. Possibly the best pen I've seen.

IPD_Mrs

Roy that is awesome. The only thing that I can honestly pick on about it is the background is too close to the color of the pen body. I bet it is one of the first to sell at your next show. That is really something to be proud of. Ken did an ok job too.

Mike

JohnU

I believe that is the nicest antler pen I have ever seen. I love the feather! I can hear people fighting over it already!

OKLAHOMAN

I thank all for your comments and now I'll answer the question as to who did the scrimshaw and this is scrimshaw not laser engraving. No I'm not talented enough to do scrimshaw. I was at a show this week-end and met a very talented scrimshaw artist Jessie Ghere Feathers and she did this in less than 15 minuets at the show with a needle and ink. She has agreed to do more for me and we will be collaborating on a series of pens, stay tuned.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Congratulations ROY!!!!!

Not only "Hand made scrimshaw", but by a Native American as well!!!!

Good luck on your collaborations!!!!!!!!!!

I do agree with the Kennedys, use axis antler, if possible!! (much whiter for better visibility of the artwork) (Or BUFFALO BONE!!!!!)

OKLAHOMAN

Ed, don't know about Buffalo Bone:rolleyes: but just might have to use some alternative Ivories as long as they are not harmed!
Congratulations ROY!!!!!

Not only "Hand made scrimshaw", but by a Native American as well!!!!

Good luck on your collaborations!!!!!!!!!!

I do agree with the Kennedys, use axis antler, if possible!! (much whiter for better visibility of the artwork) (Or BUFFALO BONE!!!!!)

PR_Princess

Roy, that is beautiful!!! A truly wonderful collaborative effort. My compliments to you both!

But now, I can not wait to see what springs from these beginnings! :):tongue:

Top Bottom