scrap piece solution

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Russianwolf

Russianwolf

Here's another way to get rid of those little bits left over from pens.

My plan is to give these away or charge a nominal fee for them.

Just bits of wood, sanded smooth and polished with a hole drilled for an inexpensive keyring. I've also put some together as necklaces and at some point I may do some carving on some.

In the pic are, Hon. Rosewood Burl, African Blackwood, BOW, IBO, Amboyna Burl, Padouk, Teak Burl (flash is hiding the figure), and a piece of Blue, Cumberland.

Attachments

• Picture 054.jpg
    Picture 054.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 388
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

fernhills

Here's another way to get rid of those little bits left over from pens.

My plan is to give these away or charge a nominal fee for them.

Just bits of wood, sanded smooth and polished with a hole drilled for an inexpensive keyring. I've also put some together as necklaces and at some point I may do some carving on some.

In the pic are, Hon. Rosewood Burl, African Blackwood, BOW, IBO, Amboyna Burl, Padouk, Teak Burl (flash is hiding the figure), and a piece of Blue, Cumberland.[/QUOTE

Hi, i just started doing that, here is pendant

Attachments

• Hpim0977.jpg
    Hpim0977.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 191

GouletPens

That is a really cool idea. I also was wondering what to do with them. I'm a packrat and I've saved every cutoff from every pen I've made. I think I'm at the point now where my cutoffs wil pretty much fill a 2 gallon pail.....Maybe now I can put them to good use!!!!:biggrin:

Out of curiosity, what kind of finish do you do for them?

Russianwolf

That is a really cool idea. I also was wondering what to do with them. I'm a packrat and I've saved every cutoff from every pen I've made. I think I'm at the point now where my cutoffs wil pretty much fill a 2 gallon pail.....Maybe now I can put them to good use!!!!:biggrin:

Out of curiosity, what kind of finish do you do for them?

they are just sanded to 400 grit to remove any sawmarks, then polished with Tripoli on the buff. That's it.

nava1uni

I also use them and gclue them together and then have blanks that are different. I also use them to make key rings, pill boxes, and also to make bands for pens and pencils. I really like just using them as they are for other things. I like the pendent and the little key fobs at the beginning of this thread.

Top Bottom