Score I think

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Seer

We had a yard sale this weekend and actually sold some high end pens and stuff which was cool. Today right at the end this couple came and she said she was an arborist and did I ask the local wood cutters and tree guys for wood and said I had not since I only have a small shop and suck. So she said I have a lathe in my back yard you can have(another wow look) and then she said it has all the tools etc that comes with it and then her husband said it was a Shopsmith and it was mine just come and get it. So I of course said yes and thank you so much and then out of curiosity asked her husband if he was a Veteran and he said yes so I took down my last POW/MIA Scroll Sawn plaque and just said thank you, he almost cried when I gave it to him he was so happy which made me feel great from one Vet to another. So next week I am going over and picking ti up and then learning what I had actually got and what to do with it. And to make the day better I had made several rubber band pistols to sell and had 2 left and this little boy asked if he could get my last 2 for $7.00 instead of the full price I had on them which was twice as much combined and his Mom made him pay for them (his allowance she said) and not take them for free. So I made 2 people quite happy and the feeling is great.
Just had to share this story.
Jerry

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

sbwertz

Good show, Jerry! I have a bunch of African Sumac (logs up to about 12" in diameter) if you would like a piece or two. PM me and let me know.

Sharon

Top Bottom