School Project Puzzle Boxes

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Jmhoff10500

Jmhoff10500

Many of you might have wondered why i was asking about 1/16" band saw blades and this is why! For my Entrepreneur class we are to make our own business and whoever makes the most money gets the best grade in the class so not only is it a competition, but its an assignment that all proceeds will help me pay for this semester of school. For my part i wanted to start selling homemade puzzle boxes. So far i have made them out of ash and cottonwood(pictured) and they all sold the first day but surprisingly, pine seems to work the best. I am running into a problem though. I cant find any more dry wood. Home depot doesn't kiln their wood and i am in need of 4 x 4's that are dry, do you guys know of anywhere to find dry 4 x 4's or a way to dry redwood 4 x 4's? Also, i don't want to turn this into a classified but if anyone would like to support a poor college student, i am selling them for 20$ if anyone is interested. Thanks a bunch!

Jonathan Hoffman

IMG_2272.JPG

IMG_2271.JPG

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

nava1uni

Jonathan,
Your boxes look good. Try Choice Wood, they might have what you are looking for in terms of wood. Is there a Lowe's near you? They have kiln dried pine and poplar. Don't know if they go up to 4'x 4".
Good luck with your project.

ctubbs

How about gluing up 2X4s into a 4X4 configuration. It would not be quiet right but you could include a contrasting slice of wood between the 2 2X4s. Just an idea at midnight. Sorry I couldn'tcome up with a better one, no Jack.
Charles

holmqer

Local Chapter Leader
I have found that when I go to hardwood lumber yards, I can buy 16/4 boards by the board foot far cheaper than I would pay at Home Depot.

You might want to check with Butterfield Lumber in Heber

Top Bottom