Schmidt pencil insert question...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

woodscavenger

I am probably just stupid but I can't seem to figure out how to refill the pencil insert in the Jr. Statesmen kit I just finished. It used the Schmidt pencil insert. It has the twist mechanism which is working but I can't figure out where to put the new lead. It doesn't appear to be like the old clickers I am used to where you remove the dinky eraser and slide new lead in the tube. I googled but can't seem to find anything.

Help.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wicook

I had the same problem, woodscavenger. A friend and I were looking the mechanism over trying to figure out how to load more lead...when he was hit with a brainstorm...and it turned out he was right!

1. Pull the top off the pen (that much is obvious)
2. Unscrew the mechanism holder (that's not it's official name, but I can't remember at the moment what it's called) from the coupler (that's also obvious)
3. Remove the Schmidt mechanism
4. Pull the stepped black plastic piece out of the top end of the mechanism
5. Insert several leads
6. Reassemble!

I just wish I'd figured it out on my own!! ;-)

Bill

G

If i'm not mistaken in the REAL old clinkers you twisted the mechanism an inserted the lead through the nib.
I sn't that the way the old scriptos worked?
I'll chack one and get back to you later.

jwoodwright

Eaglesc,

That's how we did the old Scriptos, big fat lead 1.1 mm. Through the tip, Twisted it all out, then twisted it all in, pushed on desk to seat lead...

I just happen to have a bunch (25 tubes) of lead refills... I also have about 40 erasers. I have one or two old pencils, I baby them...[8D]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom