Schmidt 888 Refills

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
I think something similar has come up before with rollerball refills but it has been pointed out to me that some Schmidt 588 refills do not fit it Caballero pens. Schmidt 5888, easyFlow 5888 and Stock Rollerballs all seem to work fine. Some Schmidt 888 also work I tried several and some worked and some did not. The 888 can be made to work by sanding just a bit around the 2nd shoulder at the tip end.

This problem only exists on the Rhodium Kits at this point. It seems to be the plating might be a little too thick at that point. A lot of these kits were shipped with Schmidt 888 refills...The final fix will have to be replacement of the Schmidt 888 refills with Schmidt 5888 or equivalent I am unable to supply them at this time...If you received kits from me with 888 refills at this time I can give you an allowance of $1.00 per purchased Rhodium Caballero Kit (What I figure into the price of each kit for the refill} and you can purchase alternate refills when I can get them in Stock. I have the email address of everyone who purchased kits and will let you know when I can supply the refills which I will provide at my cost - you may keep the Schmidt 888s which will work fine in other rollerball sets including Gold Tn and Chrome Caballeros.. Mean time the method above is a work around for the problem.

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Krudwig

I've have enjoyed your products, price , service and shipping and to see you take a hit on the refills due to a manufacturing problem and step up to make it right is the sign of someone who believes in taking care of his customers. Thanks !

bedangerous

My problem is not with the front end of the refill but the back end of the refill that does not fit into the end cap so the spring does not make contact but the back end of the Schmidt refill jams into the back end.
Mitch

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
My problem is not with the front end of the refill but the back end of the refill that does not fit into the end cap so the spring does not make contact but the back end of the Schmidt refill jams into the back end.
Mitch
Per my last email, you do not have the same problem you're kits were from a different production run and no other problems like this have been reported for that run....I believe yours to be an isolated case with the specific kit you are working on and will work with you to resolve that problem. The refill should not push in as you describe when the pen is used.

It could be that the refill is too large but since that production run was entirely sold out and no one else had the problem you're having I kind of doubt that.

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
I think something similar has come up before with rollerball refills but it has been pointed out to me that some Schmidt 588 refills do not fit it Caballero pens. Schmidt 5888, easyFlow 5888 and Stock Rollerballs all seem to work fine. Some Schmidt 888 also work I tried several and some worked and some did not. The 888 can be made to work by sanding just a bit around the 2nd shoulder at the tip end.

This problem only exists on the Rhodium Kits at this point. It seems to be the plating might be a little too thick at that point. A lot of these kits were shipped with Schmidt 888 refills...The final fix will have to be replacement of the Schmidt 888 refills with Schmidt 5888 or equivalent I am unable to supply them at this time...If you received kits from me with 888 refills at this time I can give you an allowance of $1.00 per purchased Rhodium Caballero Kit (What I figure into the price of each kit for the refill} and you can purchase alternate refills when I can get them in Stock. I have the email address of everyone who purchased kits and will let you know when I can supply the refills which I will provide at my cost - you may keep the Schmidt 888s which will work fine in other rollerball sets including Gold Tn and Chrome Caballeros.. Mean time the method above is a work around for the problem.
I WILL BE RECEIVING 5888 REFILLS IN A COUPLE OF DAYS. I WILL MAIL THEM OUT TO ALL WHO PURCHASED THE AFFECTED ROYALES AT NO CHARGE...YOU MAY KEEP THE 888s FOR THE INCONVENIENCE. I WILL SEND YOU AN EMAIL WHEN YOUR REFILLS SHIP.

Top Bottom