Scam. probably, they are getting better

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Daniel

I just received this e-mail and suspect it is a scam. it woudl be in opening the attachment that woudl allow a Keylogger type program or whatever to get on my computer so I have not opened it and will not. I just want to let everyone that sees this that they are getting sneaker and sneaker. the e-mail just is not right, no DHL Header and such. just a plain generic looking email.

I hate to think that eventually I will only accept corrispondance from carriers by phone or snail mail.

Email title:

DHL service. Get your parcel! Delivery NR.31041

Actual email:
Hello!

The courier company was not able to deliver your parcel by your address.
Cause: Error in shipping address.

You may pickup the parcel at our post office personaly!

The shipping label is attached to this e-mail.
Please print this label to get this package at our post office.

Thank you for attention.

What causes me suspicion is that they do not use my name.
as I said before there is nothing about the e-mail look that says it is actually from DHL.
I do not belive DHL would leave my package at the post office or that the post office woudl accept it. It woudl be return to it's origin.
All around the whole thing just has a funny feel to it.

Never Never Never open an attachment from someone you do not know. never it simply is not worth it and they can contact you in other ways if it is legit.
DHL Services.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

TurnCrazy

I have gotten similar email from "FedEx and UPS" They always go to my junk email folder though and usually I am not expecting a package. When I want to track my shipments I always use the couriers actual website and the tracking number provided my the seller.

DHL does however tender packages to USPS to deliver packages because DHL does not do domestic shipping anymore. That's in my area anyways can't say I know it for everywhere. Just had a package sent DHL and delivered by the USPS last week. I did not know this before it happened but again I was able to track the package status from the DHL site.

Last edited:

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
I got a very similar one a couple weeks ago, Daniel.

Did some research, found out it was bogus and NO, I did NOT open the attachment, either. It was a .exe file--very leery of those.

Daniel

Thanks for the confirmation folks. I have not been fooled yet but do realize they are getting better and better. I can see how some people would click on this one before they think about it. Maybe posting this will save someone from just clicking and then having to figure it all out later.

MesquiteMan

Retired Head Moderator
One way to check these things pretty easily is to run their message through a spell checker. If there is ONE misspelled word or grammatical error, then it is most assuredly a scam. Big business just does not use poor grammar or spelling.

In this particular message your shared, they misspelled personally. The first sentence reads very poorly and unprofessional; the second sentence mentions THEIR post office, not THE post office; third sentence mentions THEIR post office again; the last line is the real deal killer...Thank you for attention...they left out YOUR.

Obviously, this was written by someone who is not a native English speaker. It CERTAINLY did not come form a major corporation's communications department.

ldb2000

This message would just get deleted from my computer . I DO NOT open ANY attachments at all . There are many computers that are infected with viruses and the owners don't know it so you open an attachment from a friend and get the virus that they didn't know they had . The best way to not get a virus is to avoid them and since most viruses are passed on through attachments if you don't open them you stand a better chance of avoiding them . Yes I know there are other ways to get them but attachments are the most popular .

Top Bottom