Scalloped Closed End Ziricote

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from firewhatfire

firewhatfire

Here is the last pen that will come out of my studio until after the first of the year. The wood is Ziricote and the scallops are acrylic I poured with Auminum spacers between. It base is a Sedona kit it will take a cartridge or converter, just getting some practice before I go totally kitless. Comments and Critiques are welcome as I finish one I look for ways to improve the next one. Thanks for looking and Merry Christmas
closedendsedonaFP006.jpg

closedendsedonaFP005.jpg

closedendsedonaFP004.jpg

closedendsedonaFP002.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wiset1

Much better with the adjusted image! You've really nailed the scalloping and I love that you're moving into the closed end designs. Looks great

SDB777

Whatthefire,

Did you segment the scallops with 'soda can' material? Or is the line there just my imagination? Also, if you don't mind sharing...what did you use to 'glue-up' your pieces with?

As for the photo....try bumping the EV setting to around 1.33 to 1.67 on the plus side when you have a dark colored object on a white background(the camera tries to self adjust to 15% grey).....then you won't have to do as much in the post-processing area.

The pen! What can I say, that hasn't already been said? It's great!

Scott (keep 'em coming) B

firewhatfire

The aluminum is flashing from Lowes. A pack of 5x7 sheets cost about $10. I used thick CA and a spritz of accelerator. Sand the aluminum on both sides to give it something to stick to. The scallops were just an overflow blank that I cut up.

Whatthefire,

Did you segment the scallops with 'soda can' material? Or is the line there just my imagination? Also, if you don't mind sharing...what did you use to 'glue-up' your pieces with?

As for the photo....try bumping the EV setting to around 1.33 to 1.67 on the plus side when you have a dark colored object on a white background(the camera tries to self adjust to 15% grey).....then you won't have to do as much in the post-processing area.

The pen! What can I say, that hasn't already been said? It's great!

Scott (keep 'em coming) B

Top Bottom