Say "It Isn't Over"

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

It isn't over till its over. Well I guess it's over. A Sport's legend and all around good guy has left us to join his team mates in Heaven. With him he will take his wit and charm but will leave us with a ton of memories and a whole bunch of one liners. One of those people that stood out in all aspects of life, not only in the sports world. He will be surely missed. Oh that meeting with the Boss up there has to be something special and no I do not mean George Steinbrenner :biggrin: Rest in Peace Yogi and thanks for the memories.

http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/y/yogi_berra.html

cc-184655874156026610ab8b46.77433898.jpg

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

oneleggimp

Grosse Pointe Park, Michigan 48230 United States o
It isn't over till its over. Well I guess it's over. A Sport's legend and all around good guy has left us to join his team mates in Heaven. With him he will take his wit and charm but will leave us with a ton of memories and a whole bunch of one liners. One of those people that stood out in all aspects of life, not only in the sports world. He will be surely missed. Oh that meeting with the Boss up there has to be something special and no I do not mean George Steinbrenner :biggrin: Rest in Peace Yogi and thanks for the memories.

Yogi Berra Quotes - BrainyQuote

cc-184655874156026610ab8b46.77433898.jpg
A true Gentleman and Sportsman. He will be missed. A noble part of Baseball is gone.

jttheclockman

It was good to see alot of the news channels covered this story yesterday. Watched the special on the Yankee network too. Learned a few things about the man. He truely was one of the good guys. He was an entrepreneur to the fullest extent of the word.

I liked the story about how he, Mickey Mantle, Whitey Ford, and Billy Martin each agreed to buy some land in Florida for a retirement home. They wanted to always be together and their kids and family could grow up. They each bought huge parcels of land all connecting. As time went on price of land skyrocketed and each person sold off their land except Yogi. They kept raising the value and retailers wanted his land. He found out later that his land was smack in the middle of Disney World and he eventually sold for a pretty penny.

Got to hear stories I never heard before. He will be missed.

vakmere

I wonder if he'll ever find out if the Robinson play at the plate was really an out? If that ump is not up there then he will have the answer.

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
JT We agree again

Yogi Berra was in my opinion the best Catcher that ever played the game - and I have never been a Yankee fan. In 18 seasons, with the Yankees he was an all-star 18 times and American League MVP 3 times (with that Yankee Lineup)...He was a great ball player and a great American.

Top Bottom