Saved from the fireplace

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from ThePenWizard

ThePenWizard

My cousin called and said she had an old fireplace mantle that she was going to cut up for firewood but thought of me and asked if I wanted it. She did not know what wood it was so I want over and took a look. It was 2.5" thick, 6' long and and 8" wide. I could not get the words out fast enough that I would be happy to take it off her hands. The mantle had the makers name and date on the back, the date was 1980. It was a wonderful, knot free piece of black walnut. I have been turning all kinds of cool things from it and I made her and her boy friend these two items for thinking of me. I made this oil lamp for her and a cigar ash tray for him. And to think it almost when up in smoke.

Attachments

• lamp and ashtray.jpg
    lamp and ashtray.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 342
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ctubbs

It never ceases to amaze me what people with little to no knowledge will do to things! Wiz, what a find. and congratulations on the rescue.
I once had a neighbor with a Black Walnut tree in the corner of his yard about 2 feet through. I arrived home from work one day and found him splitting the last pieces of it up into very nice firewood. He complained about all those darned nuts in his yard every year. I just turned into my drive and quietly thought about what he had wasted.
Charles

Top Bottom