Save me from the math

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

Without me having to do all the math, I was thinking someone has figured this out already. I am looking for a 2 piece rollerball kit with the most meat left on the tubes for casting. I want to be able to do BB turning with it. So the 2 bushings must be the same for the top and the bottoms must have 2 matching bushings. Not a Panache.

I cast a Baron tube set and am trying a cool casting project. I learned something when turning it that I can not use a carbide cutting tool. The only tool that will get me to the finish line will be the skew and it will have to be extremely sharp which I can handle. The Baron is OK but just abit more meat would make the turning and the making of the blank alot easier.

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

The Sedona fits the bill.

Same as the Baron

I do not know this pen. Where can I get the specs on the bushings?? I looked at the Emporer and it looks like the lower bushings are 2 different sizes.

You could do proof of concept on a cigar pen but most of the rollerball 2 piece are pretty thin. The Desire is thicker

Mike the cigar has all different busing sizes. I need a kit where the upper busings match each other and the lower bushings match each other. I am doing a straight line turning for the cap and one for the barrel. The design needs to be constant.

jttheclockman

So far from doing the math. I have come up with the JR. Majestic.
Upper bushing. .576 - .458 = .118 difference

Lower bushing. .515 -.376 =.139 dif.

Does anyone know of a pen where the difference are larger than what I am seeing on the Jr. Majestic???

terryf

http://www.axminster.co.uk/downloads/951809_951810_manual.pdf

Same as the Baron

I do not know this pen. Where can I get the specs on the bushings?? I looked at the Emporer and it looks like the lower bushings are 2 different sizes.

You could do proof of concept on a cigar pen but most of the rollerball 2 piece are pretty thin. The Desire is thicker

Mike the cigar has all different busing sizes. I need a kit where the upper busings match each other and the lower bushings match each other. I am doing a straight line turning for the cap and one for the barrel. The design needs to be constant.

jttheclockman

Same as the Baron

That is a pretty kit. I am sure that commands big$$$

I have made a lot of the Desire kits also the Hancock if you get it from WoodCraft. They are a nice kit but expensive. If the blank that you are making can stand up to the cost of this hardware price it could be a good one for you. It uses the same size drills as the Jr. Gent 2 but the lower is quite a bit longer. Really nice kit...

terryf

8 british pounds
$12.50

Same as the Baron

That is a pretty kit. I am sure that commands big$$$

jttheclockman

I have made a lot of the Desire kits also the Hancock if you get it from WoodCraft. They are a nice kit but expensive. If the blank that you are making can stand up to the cost of this hardware price it could be a good one for you. It uses the same size drills as the Jr. Gent 2 but the lower is quite a bit longer. Really nice kit...

Hey Mike

If you have made that kit that means you have the bushings. Could you do me afavor and measure the bushings for me???? Both top and bottom and all 4. Measure the difference of meat available. Thanks.

Twissy

John, The Empress which is almost identical to the Spring Blossom from Timberbits has very little meat left of the cap. The barrel probably has 3-4mm though! I have the bushes in my shop which I can measure for you tomorrow if you want.
Regards
John

jttheclockman

John, The Empress which is almost identical to the Spring Blossom from Timberbits has very little meat left of the cap. The barrel probably has 3-4mm though! I have the bushes in my shop which I can measure for you tomorrow if you want.
Regards
John

That is OK I make the Spring Blossom kits and I know the barrel is great for casting large objects but the cap has very little room. I could not even cast one of my braided sleeves on it when I tried not that long ago.

Also I did some reading in the link that was supplied about the Empress and noticed it was basically the same kit. Thanks.

It looks like I will try the Jr Majestic for my attempt at this blank. Stay tuned.

These are really thick plus there is no taper to the blanks so the bushings are the same size at each end.

Small
Large

Hey Mike

If you have made that kit that means you have the bushings. Could you do me afavor and measure the bushings for me???? Both top and bottom and all 4. Measure the difference of meat available. Thanks.

Last edited:

jttheclockman

These are really thick plus there is no taper to the blanks so the bushings are the same size at each end.

Small
Large

Hey Mike

Mike where did you get the Desire kit?? I was reading about the Hancock kit at woodcraft and there seems to be an issue with the SS threads being butchered thus making the closing of the cap a bit hard. Not a fan of metal on metal threads. Is the Desire the same kit under a different name???

Russianwolf

Small
Large

Hey Mike

Mike where did you get the Desire kit?? I was reading about the Hancock kit at woodcraft and there seems to be an issue with the SS threads being butchered thus making the closing of the cap a bit hard. Not a fan of metal on metal threads. Is the Desire the same kit under a different name???

www.Lazerlinez.com

jttheclockman

Thanks I just found them and ordered a couple to give it a try. Have to put my making of the blank on hold till I get them. But could be well worth the wait.

Last edited:
Top Bottom