Sandy Damage Update

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wolftat

Product Reviews Manager
Its been almost a week now with no power. Got the trees off the house and driveway and have started the repairs to the house. The shop is not looking as good as I thought, it looks like it may be a total loss. Good thing I had the forsight to remove some key elements from the shop like the laser, and moved all the lathes, my saws and all the mold making stuff to a spot that was semi protected. I estimated the damage in my shop to be over 50k and don't know if I am going to reopen any time soon. I will start making more molds next week and will get my stock back up soon. Other than that everything is good.

I just need a long hot shower and everything will be great again.

Some heat would be nice too, but I'll live.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

toddlajoie

Damn Neil. That sucks... I remember last year when we had no power or heat for a week, and I wouldn't wish that on anyone. Adding the damage on top of that kicks it up quite a bit. Anything we can do to help, just ask.

It's a hell of a long ride for a shower, but you're welcome anytime...

AKBeaver

We lost power for four days after Irene hit. I was pleasantly surprised to find that's gas water heater was still providing hot water. If you have a gas heater you may be in luck as long as the pilot light did not go out.

Jim15

Sorry to hear this Neil. You and the family will be in my prayers. Hope the recovery is quick and your back to normal soon.

jasontg99

Neil,

I hope your power gets restored soon. Sorry to hear about your shop. I am currently on the USS WASP anchored off of New York. We might actually get to go ashore tomorrow and do some good. I am tired of sitting here and not being able to help.

Jason

Last edited:

nava1uni

Please ask if you need anything. Glad that no one got hurt at your house. Sorry about the shop, but smart of you to think ahead. Hope you get some electricity and heat soon.

wolftat

Product Reviews Manager
Thanks everyone. I know I have been through a lot worse ordeals than this, it just sucks when the family is involved. If I was by myself, this would have been a breeze to deal with.

ashaw

Neil good to hear you are your family are safe. So to hear about the lose to your house and shop. Those things are replaceable but takes time. Hope you are staying at friends or family because it looks like Wednesday we are going to get hit again. My cousin will not be getting power until this Wednesday and right now she is staying at her sons home.
We had about 1k damage to the house which I am hoping is going to get repaired to day before the winds come or we can lose the entire roof.

Thank can anything we can do just call.

Alan

Top Bottom