Sandpaper Rolls

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

southernclay

So my woodturner's sanding pack is running out...not getting another but it has served it's purpose. I've tried Norton yellow and like it ok. Don't really like the 600, it seems to be a little quick to heat up when dry sanding.

I am working on a caddy design that will ripoff/copycat many other ideas I've found and put many items I want closer to me at the lathe. This includes and sandpaper/finishing holder that will work for rolls.

So who has used rolls and which ones do you like? The 1" Klingspor Gold is looking like the way to go while adding their 600 grit from the regular roll selection since no 600 in the gold.

Any others out there I should consider?

Thanks!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
I second the Abranet. I have used Klingspor's, Woodworker's Supply, 3M, Abrasive Resource, and many others. In my cabinet shop and for the pens, nothing beats Abranet.

kovalcik

I use both the 2" gold Klingspor rolls (600 grit is brown Klingspor) and Abranet sheets from Woodcraft. The 2" is a better size for me since I do other turnings besides pens. I am looking for a more economical source for the Abranet.

southernclay

I've tried the small sheets of abranet and do like them, just not sure I like it enough to justify for a whole set of rolls. Maybe in just 400&600 that I use the most of.

2" klingspor is something to consider too.

Top Bottom