Sanding Enduro...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

challagan

I really like the Enduro finish however, I do have trouble getting a flat finish with no swirls unless I start with 1800. I follow Wayen's instructions and start at 3200 MM grade but I get the swirls that are noticeable in the finish when you look close and I assume that is because it isn't flat. Is there a trick to getting the flat finish without going down in grade? Even given this minor problem, this is definitely the finish i am going to use as even with a few swirls in it, it still looks great and is about as fumeless as you can get!

Thanks,
Corey

challagan

I think I found the answer to my problem. I read another thread where Wayne said to use 1800 or 2400 as needed but even more important he uses the MM block thing which I don't have. I wonder if one of those 3m sanding bocks would do the same thing.

Corey

wayneis

Corey if you are talking about the thin pads they will help but will not have the stiffness that the MM rubber block does. All in all the rubber blocks are in my opinion better and I believe it would be well worth your small investment.

Wayne

challagan

Oh it is hard rubber, didn't know that. I will definitely pick one up on my next reorder which will be soon. Thanks Wayne. I did some pens today and I only had problems with one of them showing the swirls. I think I just plain screwed up and not paying attention when I applied the top coat and made a couple passes with to dry of a pad and it left swirls I couldn't get our without going down to 1800 grade. I do't think I apply enough finish to stand up to 1800 grade so it isn't as nice as the others. The others turned out great and I got a real nice glossy clear finish. Thanks for the help Wayne!

Corey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom