San Mai 440c damascus EnZo Trapper on jeans micarta and copper rivets

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from CharlesH

CharlesH

Hey guys,

Here is an awesome blade blank. San Mai Triple Laminated 440c stainless. Has some damascus outer layers and the core of the blade is harder 440c stainless.

Handle is made from my old pair of jeans, it is fiberglass resin with many layers of jeans. I went with copper corby screw because it is a jeans knife handle, I could not go with anything else?!

Clicky the thumbnail for a large view and enjoy!

Charles

Thanks,

Charles[/quote]

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

CharlesH

WOW - that blade is phenominal. Did you forge it? The handle is great. As you said the brass corby screw is perfect with the Jeans handle. Just a work of art all the way. Congratulations!

Thanks!

I knew that this micarta would end up in a nice project. :)

I even made some with black and red jeans. (my GF has shorts now)

I wish I had the ability to make such a blade, the grind is perfectly even as well. It slices through paper like laser. I am a former pen turner and now I am more into knives handle making. I like refinishing swiss army knife scales nowadays.

This blade was bought, EnZo blades are very well made, they have all kind of steel: O2, D2, M2, N690co, 12c27, 1095 and so on.

I do not take the time to post everything I do but you can see some on my gallery in my signature.

C

mecompco

Very nice! Corby's are the best. Have not tried my own micarta--your's look awesome! Buy or make a little forge and you can easily heat treat your own blades. Forging a blade is great, but grinding then heat treating makes just as good a blade. Of course, making Damascus is a bit harder--you need a forge that will get up to welding heat and a power hammer is a plus. Still, some high carbon steel ground and heat treated makes a heck of a blade.

Regards,
Michael

Top Bottom