Salvaged Amboyna Burl

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Dick Mahany

Dick Mahany

This is my third pen, so I don't expect it to measure up, so to speak. What I am most happpy about is that I was able to salvage a small piece of Amboyna that was only 0.48" thick and get a few Roadster / Streamline blanks from it. I learned how valuable a set of spigot jaws and drilling on the lathe can be :biggrin: as there wasn't much room for centering error to start with.

Attachments

• IMGP5602.jpg
    IMGP5602.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 515
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

SDB777

Half inch doesn't leave much for puckering up on. Well done, and nice timber too, can see why you made the effort to save it!

Scott (7-n-whatever is yummy) B

Jjartwood

The pen is done well,it does have a very ridged look to it and that will go away as you learn to RELAX.
It's obvious that you have an eye for nice wood and that you know how to turn a pen,the hard part is over,now relax and let your mind rest and your touch take over.
Very Well Done.
Mark

Dick Mahany

The pen is done well,it does have a very ridged look to it and that will go away as you learn to RELAX.
It's obvious that you have an eye for nice wood and that you know how to turn a pen,the hard part is over,now relax and let your mind rest and your touch take over.
Very Well Done.
Mark

Mark,

Well noted.........you are very observant ! Relax?????? What is that :wink::biggrin:

Appreciate the comments,critiques and encouragement folks, thanks!

Top Bottom