Sad day

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Penultimate

Greetings
My 88 year old father passed away today. He taught me everything I know like dedication, hard work, working with my hands and my mind. He put me thru college so I wouldn't have to work like he did. My mother and he were married for 63 years.

I remember when he bought his South Bend 9 inch lathe. We turned stuff together as he taught me how to use it. We made a hammer together that I still have on the peg board in my shop. He helped me make my first pen then we took up the hobby making pens and sharing our techniques.

I really really miss him.

Mike

Sent from my iPad using Penturners.org mobile app

duncsuss

My condolences, losing your dad is a tough one. I hope you can draw some comfort from the memories of the times you spent together and the lessons you learned from and with him.

jttheclockman

I am truely sorry for your loss Mike. Just as proud as you are of him I am sure he was of you. It is tough when we loose our parents who have shaped our lives and were there for so many things and it sounds like you have a lot of good memories to always draw on and think about. May he be with the Good Lord now and rest. My prayers are with him and you and your entire family.

thewishman

My dad just turned 80, I'm going to call him tomorrow Thanks for the prompting to remember that I should tell him the things I'm thankful he taught me, while I still can.

My condolences to you and your family.

farmer

loss of a loved one

I am sorry, there are no words any of us can say to make this easier on you .
My deepest condolences...

OZturner

So sorry for your Loss Mike.
It is difficult, to loose one's Father, in Particular, when they have played a large part in your Life.
May the Memories of all those Good Times, you spent together, working, learning, or just sitting around, bring you Immense Joy and Comfort, at this Time.
My Thoughts, and Prayers are with you.
Brian.

Cwalker935

I am so sorry for your loss. I hope you find some comfort in your memories of the time spent with him and the things that he taught you.

stonepecker

We are very sorry for you. Your father sounds like a man you will always have the best memories of. That way, he is never gone. Praying for you and your family.

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
My condolences for your loss. I lost my own dad in 1961 so I never really had a lot of the experiences you had with yours. In that respect you are a lucky man to have had him around for so much of your life. Count your blessings for that.

Rick_G

Sorry for your loss Mike Your family will be added to our prayers.

My dad turns 90 this year and has cancer but refuses to sell the house and move in with either me or my brothers. He's only about 30 miles away so I try and get over at least once a week. Heading over this afternoon as soon as my laundry goes in the dryer.

bryceprusse

I'm So Sorry,
I completely understand, as I loss my father last year.
We can be grateful for the time that we had with them, and all that they taught us.

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
My condolences on the loss of your dad, Mike. Cherish your memories of him - sounds like you had a lot of great times together & that's a wonderful blessing.

brucer16

Mike, I'm sorry for your loss. I lost my Dad 2 years ago and it still hurts, but it's easier to think about the good times now. You and your family are in my prayers.

Jim Smith

I'm sorry to hear of your loss. Both of you were blessed to be able to share the passion of woodworking. I will say a prayer for you and your mom. Take care and God Bless.

Jim Smith

I'm sorry for your loss Mike, mine passed almost 10 years ago, would have been 75. I was 25 at the time and I miss him greatly, he was not only my mentor but my best friend. Be grateful for all the time you had him and the great memories of the precious moments that you spent together. May the Lord grant you and your family his peace.
Luis

Sent from my iPhone using Penturners.org mobile app

Top Bottom