Rusty Teal Gold Greeny blank from Brooks....

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from omb76

omb76

I really hate it for those of you that don't live close enough to Jonathon to shift through his assortment of blanks in person.LOL :biggrin: Got this one at the last IAP meeting and it was very translucent so I had to get a little creative with how I wanted to handle it. I ended up painting the tubes and reverse painting the blanks metallic chrome and I think it really made the colors pop in the end. Sanded 400-600, then buffed using EEE, then Meguiar's Plastix. Very happy with the results.

Attachments

• IMG_2707.jpg
    IMG_2707.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 170
  • IMG_2708.jpg
    IMG_2708.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 123
  • IMG_2711.jpg
    IMG_2711.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 130
  • IMG_2712.jpg
    IMG_2712.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 110
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Buzzzz4

It's very....bright! Looks like Dr. Strangefart's avatar got ahold of it. Nicely turned, but I can't say I'm a fan of that blank.

omb76

Thanks guys. I really like the way it turned out. It was definitely a challenge trying to find a paint that would not distort the colors in the blank. I also sanded the holes after drilling to try and make them as smooth as possible since the blank was so translucent.

I'm trying to go with some brighter flashier colors and not be quite so conservative in my blank choices. It's a lot of fun trying them out and seeing what I end up with!

Top Bottom