Russ Fairfield MMSC Voting

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Vote for 1 pen. Pictures are posted below.

• Pen 1

Votes: 46 20.7%
  • Pen 2

Votes: 5 2.3%
  • Pen 3

• Pen 4

Votes: 2 0.9%
  • Pen 5

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • Pen 6

Votes: 10 4.5%
  • Pen 7

Votes: 16 7.2%
  • Pen 8

Votes: 7 3.2%
  • Pen 9

• Pen 10

Votes: 6 2.7%
  • Pen 11

• Pen 12

Votes: 15 6.8%
  • Pen 13

• Pen 14

Votes: 42 18.9%
  • Pen 15

Votes: 3 1.4%
  • Pen 16

• Pen 17

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pen 18

Votes: 3 1.4%
  • Pen 19

• Pen 20

• Pen 21

• Pen 22

• Pen 23

• Pen 24

• Pen 25

• Pen 26

Votes: 11 5.0%
  • Pen 27

• Pen 28

• Pen 29

• Pen 30

Votes: 4 1.8%
  • Pen 31

Votes: 13 5.9%
  • Pen 32

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ed McDonnell

Come on everyone. A vote today is a vote for quality pen making (and a vote against Chicago style voting (and pizza)).

I think we need a pizza vote. Chicago style...there can be only one!

Carl - My sentiments exactly. Of COURSE there can only be one Chicago style pizza at any gathering. It's going to be hard enough to find the people to eat the one. If you had more than one you would just be wasting good ingredients that could be used to make real pizza (what everybody wants:biggrin:)!!!!!

Oh, and by the way, the rest of you get busy voting in this contest (one per customer though please). And let Carl and I know what you think about this simmering pizza issue (isn't that what they do a a Chicago pizza? Simmer it?).

You can even offer your thoughts and warm words of appreciation for the fine work on display here by 32 of the finest pen makers in the world. With the amount of work they put into these pens there can never be too many compliments.

Ed

Last edited:

Carl Fisher

Touche! I like something more to my pizza than floppy cardboard with melted paper and a dab of ketchup (New York style) thank you very much!

Keep up the voting! These are some awesome pens despite your pizza preference!

Ed McDonnell

Hi Carl - The problem with NY Style pizza is that most people eat it in the wrong state. If you want the best pizza you have to go to NJ. If you are getting pizza anywhere else you might as well go for greek style pizza (which can be pretty good...especially in Texas).

We are up to 85 votes. This is turning into a real horse race. They will be running neck and neck down to the wire. But, with 32 entries we need a lot more votes.

Have you done your part today? Go ahead and vote. You will feel good if you do. (I'm not talking to Carl here. He already voted (I wonder which pen he voted for? :biggrin:). I'm talking to you. Right there staring at the screen with your finger hovering trying to decide if you should click on over and vote.

Well, of course you should. Vote! Vote Now!

Ed

Last edited:

Ed McDonnell

We're up to 98 votes. Not bad, but we can do better. I'll bet there are two member lurking out there right now that haven't voted yet. If you come in from the cold and vote you can get the total over 100 votes!! :)

Here's a deal: Whoever casts the 100th vote will receive the winning numbers for the next powerball drawing from me. I'll send them by mental telepathy, so keep your mind open if you think you might be the 100th voter.

Ed

yaroslaw

This contest is really once more showing the versatility of Slimline kits and that it can be made into real beautiful, classy and expensive pens!!!

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
I'm sure glad that I entered this contest - it made my vote easy. I don't know how I would select just one to vote for if I was really being objective.

It looks like everyone used some of their best wood for these pens. I predict a slimline renaissance.

Ed (hoping that my measly one vote is good enough for a 27 way tie for 6th place)

Ed McDonnell

This contest is really once more showing the versatility of Slimline kits and that it can be made into real beautiful, classy and expensive pens!!!

For a kit that can be bought for not a lot of money, you can make a pen that a lot of people will love and cherish.

Ed

Ed McDonnell

99! Next voter gets my prime powerball picks!!!!

Ed

ME! Way too many cool pens. The bar has been raised this year!

Hi Eric - It's funny. The vote count is now 111 and I have 11 emails, PMs and your message all claiming to be from the 100th voter. I may be able to telepathically send lotto number, but I'm not a mind reader.

If I send the numbers to all 11, that would mean each would only win about $36 million. After taxes, it's hardly worth it. How about this. We wait for the prize to hit $1,000,000,000 and then I'll send the winning numbers.

I won't announce that I'm sending the numbers. If you mysteriously start writing numbers after the prize hits $1,000,000,000 don't lose them!!

Now on to more important things. Can we get 200 people to vote in this contest?

Ed

Last edited:

Ed McDonnell

I'm sure glad that I entered this contest - it made my vote easy. I don't know how I would select just one to vote for if I was really being objective.

It looks like everyone used some of their best wood for these pens. I predict a slimline renaissance.

Ed (hoping that my measly one vote is good enough for a 27 way tie for 6th place)

Hi Ed - You are not off the hook yet. We still have the final poll to do. If your pen doesn't make it to the finals your decision will be a lot harder for that vote. But you never know, it might be in there.

Ed

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
I'm sure glad that I entered this contest - it made my vote easy.

I couldn't bring myself to vote for my own pen.. How sad is that? lol

I thought about being truly objective for a few seconds, but I figured that the only way that I even had a chance to make it to the second round was to vote for my own.

I'm hoping that most people will vote for 3 or 4 of the really best pens & I'm lucky enough to get one extra vote for a 2-count and that's enough to steal 5th place.

Am I over thinking this???

Hendu3270

I'm sure glad that I entered this contest - it made my vote easy.

I couldn't bring myself to vote for my own pen.. How sad is that? lol

I thought about being truly objective for a few seconds, but I figured that the only way that I even had a chance to make it to the second round was to vote for my own.

I'm hoping that most people will vote for 3 or 4 of the really best pens & I'm lucky enough to get one extra vote for a 2-count and that's enough to steal 5th place.

Am I over thinking this???

Yes, you may be over thinking it a little, but then again, you are from Alvin, so... :p

Ed McDonnell

Over a thousand views and over 100 votes. Not bad. But not good enough. Although we still have some time left for voting so maybe we will get a surge when the people who can't access the forum during the day get home and check in this evening. And then there is tomorrow.....

Do you really want me badgering you all day tomorrow? Tell you what. As soon as we get to 500 votes I'll stop with the hype / marketing posts.

Deal?

Ed

Ed McDonnell

By the ways, it's been a very exciting race (one of the few benefits of running these things is you get to watch the voting :)). The lead horse seems to be running out of steam and has been caught by one of his pursuers. The are running neck and neck with the rest of the pack hot on their heels.

Ed

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member

firewhatfire

How many are repeat lookers? I have came back 4 times so far.

Over a thousand views and over 100 votes. Not bad. But not good enough.

Wow!!! Didn't even notice that. That's crazy. Would think it would be a few hundred with that many views. Although, many may have to give this some serious thought as these are some nice pens.

Pete275

These are all great pens. I wish I had been able to get something together although looking at these, I'm not sure I could have been competitive. I have voted but I could have easily voted for 10 entries. Great job everyone!

Wayne

Ed McDonnell

Last day to vote for one of these fine pens. If you've been having a hard time making up your mind, the time for pondering is over. It's time to vote!!

Ed

Top Bottom