Rosewood/Blue Acrylic Segments(scales)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from firewhatfire

firewhatfire

I have been been trying some different segments. I saw one similar to this one here a week or so back. I used Rosewood and Blue Acrylic and segmented it with some aluminum. It kinda looks likes scales from one direction. This has been an all day project to say the least. Comments and Critiques are always welcome. Thanks for looking.
segmentscales011.jpg

segmentscales010.jpg

segmentscales008.jpg

segmentscales005.jpg

segmentscales003.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

John Den

What a beautiful combination.
The workmanship is first rate with all the scallops lining up exactly.
I really like the deep blue against the rosewood.
Congratulations on a truly wonderful masterpiece.
Don't enter it in next years Ugly Pen Contest!
Regards,
John

Last edited:

maxman400

Great Looking Pen, You did a great job at getting the segments to line up. I think the thing I have most trouble with is getting every thing square to start with.

wiset1

Looks pretty good! I always say "Feel free to bang your head against the same rock I do when I come up with stuff like this", I'm happy to see that my design is still pushing others to try new things.

KenV

Most excellent --

The only possible improvement would be to make the blue squares more even at the top and bottom of the pen. The top square setment is larger than it's counterpart at the bottom.

That pen would fit nicely in lots of shirt pockets!!!!

PenPal

Phil,

Absolutely jaw dropping symphony in blue major, degree of difficulty enormous, another gold medal for the USA.

Thought when I looked first it looked like one of Tims glad to see his comment since he is an expert as well.

Jason awaiting your pen with the Aluminium squares, go on you know its easy.

Variation in the sizing makes it very individual, I often go in another direction just for the heck of it.

You have come a long way mate, very happy for you.

Kind regards Peter.

TerryDowning

Really nice segmenting, very impressive. Thanks for showing how you do it as well with your background. I'm afraid to try this for fear I'd be stealing.

Great Job!

firewhatfire

Knock yourself out. I saw one on here similar. Just made it the way I could. I like to see others try em also. I didn't know it at the time but wiset made one
Even before the one I saw.

So I say give it a go and don't limit what you are willing to try.

Phil

Really nice segmenting, very impressive. Thanks for showing how you do it as well with your background. I'm afraid to try this for fear I'd be stealing.

Great Job!

SDB777

Great segmenting, and I can see where this would take up most of the day!!!

?? What is the thickness on the aluminum pieces ??

and

?? What did you use to bond the segments together ??

Scott (very cool) B

joefyffe

Passed Away Aug 19, 2018
In Memoriam
Phil: I would have to go to Webster to find the words to tell how much I like that pen. Is there any chance we could persuade you to write a tutorial, explaining the cutting and positioning of the pieces during assembly? Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeezzzzzze !! :tongue:

Ah! Never mind, I think I just saw it. Sometimes old age makes one slow! :redface: However, the size you cut your wood and acrylic to, would be nice! Thanks :)

Last edited:

firewhatfire

I have a few photos of the process. I will see if I can do a little write up and post it later tonight.

Phil: I would have to go to Webster to find the words to tell how much I like that pen. Is there any chance we could persuade you to write a tutorial, explaining the cutting and positioning of the pieces during assembly? Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeezzzzzze !! :tongue:

Ah! Never mind, I think I just saw it. Sometimes old age makes one slow! :redface: However, the size you cut your wood and acrylic to, would be nice! Thanks :)

Top Bottom