Rookie from Tennesssee

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

TNbrian

Hi from the booming metropolis of Byrdstown Tennessee:biggrin: Home of the world famous Dale Hollow Lake

This place is busting with ideas and knowledge for a rookie like me and it is much appreciated! I am new to turning because my father in law recently downsized and gave me his lathe to put in my shop.

I am working on some "gimmick pens" to give him, but I am also looking forward to trying some of the more advanced stuff in the near future.

Thanks to everyone who takes the time to share the knowledge! Here are a my first pens. I have done 8 so far. Be nice, I just started Sunday this week:redface:

Brian

Attachments

• IMAG3419.jpg
    IMAG3419.jpg
    209.9 KB · Views: 100
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

TNbrian

Thanks guys!

Welcome to IAP, Brian !!!! . Those are 'gimmick' pens ????? :biggrin:

HeeHeHe I suppose "novelty " would have been a better choice. :biggrin:

I'm just practicing so I can figure out how to make some nice segmented sets for gifts.

liljohn1368

Welcome from Mississippi, Brian. Nice pens. If you will post them in the show off your pen (SOYP) forum. We have a contest for new comers that you could win a box of blanks.

TNbrian

WOW Thanks everyone! And I see that I am not alone in the Volunteer State! I'm just in from a catastrophic failure followed by a surprisingly close second attempt :biggrin:

Attachments

• IMAG3428.jpg
    IMAG3428.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 42
  • IMAG3433.jpg
    IMAG3433.jpg
    118.1 KB · Views: 48
Top Bottom