ROMAN HARVEST TRIMMING SLEEVES

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jcm71

I recently bought some Roman Harvest kits and bushings from Timberbits, however, he had no trimming sleeves. Does anyone know a source. Drill bit sizes are 31/64 and 33/64. Thanks much.

John

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

kovalcik

I second what whaler says. If you do not want to use a 7mm tube, just drill a 1/4" hole in a block of scrap and turn it down to the right size. Works great and is fast.

PenMan1

Buy yourself an Olympian Starter Kit from PSI. It comes with the pen, bushings, drill bits AND trimmer sleeves that work nicely on Cambridge, Roman Harvest.

When you buy the starter kit, the drill bits, bushings, trimmer sleeves are included at no charge. Hard to argue with free!

76winger

Buy yourself an Olympian Starter Kit from PSI. It comes with the pen, bushings, drill bits AND trimmer sleeves that work nicely on Cambridge, Roman Harvest.

When you buy the starter kit, the drill bits, bushings, trimmer sleeves are included at no charge. Hard to argue with free!

Now I've got more reason to try the Roman Harvest. I've already got all the stuff! :biggrin:

Lenny

As I recall the Roman Harvest has a slightly different (smaller) i.d. from the Cambridge on one of the tubes. Just wondering if it might make it too tight for the Olympian sleeve.

Have you used it with success, Andy?

broitblat

Now I've got more reason to try the Roman Harvest. I've already got all the stuff! :biggrin:

The Olympian/Cambridge/El Grande sleeves (and bushings, etc.) will not fit the Roman Harvest. The tubes are a little smaller on the Roman Harvest.

-Barry

PenMan1

I've used the barrel trimmers from PSI on the Roman Harvest without issue. I have Roman Harvest bushings, so I had no reason to try those.

Having made a good many Roman Harvest sets, one thing I have noticed is the tube sizes are NOT constant! Some must have the i.d. of the tube filed down to fit, others may have to be epoxied in.

I know others have also had this issue as I have had PM conversations with other members on EXACTLY that issue.

SO...Backing up... the Olympian trimmers MAY OR MAY NOT work.

PenMan1

I Just checked

I just double check my Olympain Barrel Trimmers and they fit my Roman Harvest tubes just fine.

Could I have spun them once around the lathe with sandpaper? Possibly, because I no longer make the Olympian. BUT, the trimmers don't look sanded.

jcm71

Thanks, PenMan. I already have the Olympian bushings and sleeves. Guess I know what my next pen is going to be.

John

Lenny

I'll give mine a try next time as well, just to see.
New use for and old part that I didn't think would ever be used again! :wink::):biggrin:

Top Bottom